The Twangs the Thang..

Joanl

Oh what a start to my day....Duane Eddy and in Sheffield too. They only had a few snatches of him playing but there I was back at the time when it all began. Such a distinctive sound. I shall be looking out for the album that they are creating :thumbsup:

Just taken this from the BBC Breakfast website....http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-13941157

"The pair have returned to the city for an intimate concert at the Greystones pub, one of Hawley's favourite haunts, as well as appearing together at the Glastonbury Festival and the 100 Club in London."

Just looked on Greystones Pub web-site and no mention of him been there.

What a shame it wasn't better advertised:(

x

It was short notice. I only noticed because I went to a gig there and saw a black marker pen line through one of the acts on the calender, and Duane Eddy scribbled in. I thought it was some joke, but the barman confirmed and said it was true and tickets were going on sale the next day.

"Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame Inductee and legend plays my local boozer, this I must see", I thought to myself. But I wasn't quick enough. It was advertised far too well imho. :(

Archived