Things to do for tourists? suggestions

scott94

Hi everyone,

Im after abit of advice. My girlfriend is coming down to Sheffield from Edinburgh to visit me in about a week, and i was just wondering if anyone has any suggestions what to do? I went upto Edinburgh a fortnight ago and we did alot of 'touristy' things which were good. But being from Sheffield i take it for granted, and havent done any things what could really be classed as 'touristy' if any! So i was just wondering what people reccomend?

Any advice,infor or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,

Scott

Hi

A few suggestions:

picnic in the Botanical Gardens

Meadowhall / hell for shopping

Winter Gardens, Millennium Gallery, Library Art Gallery

Train trip to Edale for lunch

Walk through Endcliffe Park to forge Dam and back

Butterfly House - can't remember where it is!

Art Galleries around Ecclesall Road / Sharrow Vale Road

Bus/ car out to Castleton and the caves

The craft workshops on Arundel St where Fusion cafe is

Most of my suggestions seem to involve food. I think I'm hungry!

Have fun

Regards

Tad1

Trip to Ladybower and Derwent valley where the Dambusters was filmed

You can feed the birds - they eat from your hand

Alpaca farm at Ringinglow

Last Laugh Comedy Club at Lescar / Merry Hell at Greystones

Chatsworth, Eyam, Hardwick Hall etc

Loads of summer fetes like well dressing in July

Pouring down with rain? Try Magna, or the Winter Gardens and art galleries.

Great weather? Get out to the Peaks - Fox House for a short trip, Castleton or Chatsworth for a longer one. If you've just got an hour or two, the Botanical Gardens.

Do they like pubs? If so, Kelham Island, Fat Cat, and all the others in that part of town.

Are they interested in industrial heritage? If so, Kelham Island Museum, maybe Abbeydale Industrial Hamlet.

Do they like shopping? If so, independent places on Sharrowvale/Ecclesall Roads, maybe Division Street - Meadowhell will just have all the shops they can visit at home.

A meal out? London Road has every style of food you could ever want.

Hey guys, some brilliant suggestions! its very much appreciated! thankyou everyone!

My only barrier is that i dont drive and neither does my girlfriend, which is abit of a pain in the backside!

I'd go to Manchester if I were you then!

I'm afraid Sheffield isn't much of a tourist destination. But what it does have is beautiful countryside on it's outskirts - especially the Derbyshire Peak District. You could buy a couple of day tickets on First buses and go wandering off to Bakewell and such places and have a fab day out in the country.

Archived