Has anyone eaten at The Riverside?

SARAp

Very good if you want a nice easy no nonsense pub meal. It's not fancy - burgers, pies, fish n chips. We had fishcakes off the tapas menu and they were literally Captain Birdseye ones, but other than that everything has been of good quality.

I'd classify it has somewhere to eat if you can't be arsed to cook, or need something to soak up the beer, rather than somewhere to make a special effort to sample.

Very good if you want a nice easy no nonsense pub meal. It's not fancy - burgers, pies, fish n chips. We had fishcakes off the tapas menu and they were literally Captain Birdseye ones, but other than that everything has been of good quality.

I'd classify it has somewhere to eat if you can't be arsed to cook, or need something to soak up the beer, rather than somewhere to make a special effort to sample.

You've just told me all I ever need to know about this place. Thanks. I'll definitely avoid it, wherever it is.

Maybe I made if sound worse than it is - I've eaten there four or five times and that is the only thing I've had that wasn't homemade.

Besides, food's just not really the priority there - there's live music, good quality continental lagers and handpulls and a bloody brilliant beer garden overlooking the river. It's a great pub in summer, it's just that it's not really a foody pub.

By the way I'm on about the Riverside down Kelham Island.

• 3 months later...

Archived