Posh Restaurant required for Christmas Eve

Stebbil

Hi

I am wanting to treat my fiance on christmas eve by booking us into a nice posh restaurant. Can anyone recommend some for me. I have heard people go on about this Marco at Milanos place and it sounds great, but really could do with some good suggestions.

I am willing to pay up to about £50-60 a head but want it defiately to be somewhere special (no party hats or streamers if you know what I mean)

This is going to be our first Christmas in Sheffield, and truly want her to have a wonderful evening

Can anyone help?

Cheers

John

This is really a matter of personal taste - restaurant recommendations are very subjective, as you'll see from the wide variety of opinions you'll get.

What sort of food/drink are you guys into? This will give us a better idea of where to suggest.

Have absolutely no major preference, but my fiance isnt so keen on seafood. I pretty much want a place that definately gives the impression of a high attention to detail, but will good quality service and food.

Think Ask, and then increase the quality and price I suppose.

Stebbil

my personal recommendations would be:

In the city:

Milanos - not been myself but a wide variety of trusted people think its great, so I would have no problem recommending.

Nonnas - not perfect but the atmosphere is fantastic and a great night is almost guaranteed.

Thyme (crosspool) - For the consistant quality this place is a winner

Rafters (fulwood) - nice imtimate venue, good food.

If you are prepared to drive then the excellent Druid Inn in Birchover are doing special Christmas events. The quality and location of this place is superb.

If you are prepared to stretch the budget a little further (£70-£80 a head) then you cannot go wrong with either Fishers (baslow) or the Old Vicarage (ridgeway). People always mention these places, but that's because they are the best at what they do - very high class dining.

Archived