Tenancy Deposit Protection scheme

I think we are about to have to use this. Our landlord is trying to charge us for:

piant spots on the window sills (we have not painted anything),

cobwebs (fair enough I didn't get them down),

oven cleaning-I will let them have that,

not vacuuming (we did),

not cleaning the bathroom and kitchen (we did),

not cleaning inside the bedroom cupboards (I did but thats mental!)

breaking the fireplace beyond repair (ur nothing wrong with that when we left)

marks on the radiator etc

The property was in need of decorating when we took it on and we have been there 3 years. What happened to wear and tear?

They want £350..ur no!

They have sent us photos of the damage and dirt which show no damage or dirt? Didn't even attempt to send a photo of the fireplace that is damaged beyond repair??

Bloomin ridiculous people!! This was a letting agent by the way, one that never bothered fixing anything we reported broken anyway.

we had very successful resolution to our claim, if you'd like any help or pointers PM, good luck xxx

we had very successful resolution to our claim, if you'd like any help or pointers PM, good luck xxx

Actually I wrote the landlord instead of the letting agent in the previous post. During our 3 years at the property we managed to get the contact details of the landlady who is much better than the tools that pass for letting agents. We CC:d her in to our reply to the letting agent and she has replied saying she is getting a new letting agent and will do the final inspection again herself.

We had to pay the letting agent £50 to do the final inspection-whats that about? I bet she had to pay something as well!

Hopefully she will sort it out although there is always a chance she will find more problems than they did:hihi:

Archived