Time to ban ice cream vans ? they are loud and encourage obesity

Mr Prime, you make your points well here, as is the norm, and I agree, your language is tame compared to how many on here describe their loathing for fatties.

It might be me, but I feel I simply cannot accept that people who are so large, their daily activities are impaired by their weight, continue to knowingly exacerbate that situation by 'shovelling trash daily' down their throats, if they can help it.

We are not talking about unintelligent or uneducated people here. We would have to be dead to the world to not know what foods and amounts are good for us by now. You mention depression, and I believe this is a major factor, often borne out of poor body image, creating dangerously low self esteem. We llive in society where size zero is now worshipped and anything more is ugly, and even hideous.

One of the worst contributory factors is the shocking way fatties are treated in our society. Words like 'hideous', 'gross', 'sicken', 'disgust', 'repulse', 'hate', 'loathe' feature incessantly in how we talk about fatties, and stereotypes of 'lazy', 'undisciplined', 'greedy' appear alongside, and almost always go unchallenged - fatties have become so ostricized and on the fringes of society, that they are even too embarassed of their appearance to even stand up for themselves, for heavens sake. Jeez, that's some powerful bullying going on, there. The use of these words does a great job in persecuting and alienating fatties, adding to the vicous cycle, forcing them to retreat from society. If anyone used such abusive and pernicious language whilst referring to ANY other characteristic of someones appearance (oh, except for ginger haired!:rolleyes:), like the colour of their skin, for example, they would be rightly harangued. But where are all the good people when it comes to sticking up for the rights of their fellow human beings here? Nowhere to be seen, because fatties don't share the same rights. But yet scientists have proven that some people inherit 'fat genes' just as you inherit the colour of your skin, and hence, the reason for some 'fat families' you will see.

It is socially acceptable to use hateful language when speaking about fatties, I don't think I've ever seen such hateful language used against fatties go unchallenged on any other type of thread on the forum, by either other forummers, or a single Moderator, but fatties are fair game. The result? They don't feel able to go to the gym, the pool, even for a walk, as they are embarrassed that they even exist in the state that they are and society has to accept some of the blame here. There is little means of an escape from their suffering, except, perhaps to risk everything and go under the surgeon's knife. Unless we embrace fatties and love them as the beautiful people they are, as we all are, then the downward spiral of rising obesity figures will continue. Fatties need your acceptance, so that they can learn again to accept themselves and find the courage, and heart to face their issues.

Fatties have ears, eyes, hearts, feelings, and are deserving of your respect and your love too, even if society has made them lose the respect and love they once had for themselves, no, especially if.

Well I basically agree with all that and this is the first time I've dipped my toe into the pool of harassing overweight people! I am truly told. I don't really know any stats and I'm using SF to voice inner thoughts I'd never make to an overweight person or repeat in public and my apologies are forthwith. I was shocked at those dodgy mums shoving the crap through the fence though I accept that most are not like them and that everyone has redeeming features apart from Levi Bellfield types.

Well I basically agree with all that and this is the first time I've dipped my toe into the pool of harassing overweight people! I am truly told. I don't really know any stats and I'm using SF to voice inner thoughts I'd never make to an overweight person or repeat in public and my apologies are forthwith. I was shocked at those dodgy mums shoving the crap through the fence though I accept that most are not like them and that everyone has redeeming features apart from Levi Bellfield types.

Apology accepted and thank you for your gracious response.

It's hard to understand the reasoning behind the 'dodgy mums', I know. I don't profess to know either but I can sympathise with people who feel they are being targetted for something that has spiralled so big it's out of their control, and then having choices made for them/regimes forced on them, all I can think is that they feel it is a personal attack on them and their children, as it's do to do with their appearance (although we know it's to do with their health mainly in this case) and it is a way of telling their children that they are loved as they are, (I still don't agree with feeding kids fast food/crap all the time, only rarely), and an attempt to try and regain some control in the situation - and that I can empathise with a little, but not condone.

As for Levi Bellfield, I'm not aware of the connection between being a psychopathic homicidal maniac and being a fattie, although I've often felt I could murder a curry, or fish and chips! :hihi:

You need to get out more if that's your idea of fun ;)

Everyone likes to post in different ways and has varying posting styles, you detest trolls, I don't. =)

Surely we all need to get out more simply for the fact that we are posting on here.

Archived