Where did it all go wrong?

Just sat at my desk thinking, how did I end up here? What went wrong along the way, a life so full of promise reduced to the daily 9-5 grey faced nothing that swallows so many hopes and dreams. Before I know it I'll be leaving after 20 years, given a token gift and a pension plundered by politicians. . that's if I don't die shortly after leaving, only for my colleagues to have a whip round to buy a lovely wreath for my corpse and apologise to my family members for their 'loss'. . . .

I can't pin it down to one thing, I made loads of errors. .

Where did it all go wrong for you?

Just sat at my desk thinking, how did I end up here? What went wrong along the way, a life so full of promise reduced to the daily 9-5 grey faced nothing that swallows so many hopes and dreams. Before I know it I'll be leaving after 20 years, given a token gift and a pension plundered by politicians. . that's if I don't die shortly after leaving, only for my colleagues to have a whip round to buy a lovely wreath for my corpse and apologise to my family members for their 'loss'. . . .

Good lord! Cheer up before you depress us all!

Instead of looking for the point where it all went wrong, i'd look for a new job if I were you.

Just sat at my desk thinking, how did I end up here? What went wrong along the way, a life so full of promise reduced to the daily 9-5 grey faced nothing that swallows so many hopes and dreams. Before I know it I'll be leaving after 20 years, given a token gift and a pension plundered by politicians. . that's if I don't die shortly after leaving, only for my colleagues to have a whip round to buy a lovely wreath for my corpse and apologise to my family members for their 'loss'. . . . I can't pin it down to one thing, I made loads of errors. .

Your post actually made me laugh out loud, especially the bold :hihi::hihi::hihi:

It's that dry, sarcastic sense of humour that I love about Sheffielders...

You could always withdraw all your savings and take off for Tahiti, Brazil or Thailand or some other exotic location and live a life less ordinary than 9 to 5.

But it's no good complaining if you dont have the bottle to do it.

Archived