Beware Amazon on line shopping

I bought a second hand book from Amazon online shopping service.

Apart from paying for the book they went into my account and helped theselves to another 20 pounds!

They had me joined in a discount club and membership club.BOTH without my permission.

Apparently this a not an uncommon occurence and on asking around they try it on and hope you dont check your credit card details.

I know companies can access your account and help themselves.It's time this was made illegal and the card holder be informed first instead of fighting for refunds for monies taken.

BOTH without my permission

Are you sure you didn't just miss it or tick a box by mistake. It is easily done.

They wouldn't have just charged you for something without making you aware of what was happening. There are some subscription options when you buy something, I have never seen these selected by default though. It would have been a genuine system fault if it did charge you without you agreeing.

I buy from Amazon all the time. Nothing like this has ever happened. I bought 2 of the same thing once and was mildly disappointed they did not confirm with me that was what I wanted but that is the nearest to a problem I have ever had (they refunded it, thus making them all the better in my eyes).

They try to get you to get premium service, but they do not force it on you.

I bought a second hand book from Amazon online shopping service.

Apart from paying for the book they went into my account and helped theselves to another 20 pounds!

They had me joined in a discount club and membership club.BOTH without my permission.

Apparently this a not an uncommon occurence and on asking around they try it on and hope you dont check your credit card details.

I know companies can access your account and help themselves.It's time this was made illegal and the card holder be informed first instead of fighting for refunds for monies taken.

If you chose to use their next day delivery service, its clearly stated its free for the first 30 days and YOU have to cancel it before the 30 days is up.

I get same experience with Snapdeal.com i purchased 2 vouchers for hair removal from snapdeal at berkowits center. but after reaching their after an appointment. i com to know that you have to com next week for therapy. The best cheat is its just like sample not the complete product. like i wish to take sitting for upper lips part. but it was just introductory Sample type. for actual removal you have to buy a package of 4500. in 1 sitting its reduction only not removal. while in the ad it shows get silky smooth skin for permanent hair removal. the snap deal should clearly mention the all details abt the product.

Why though would I join TWO clubs to purchase one second hand book.

I thought at the time they wanted a lot of onfo.and I was certainly not made aware of any club joining and am very careful not to get involved in any money making scams.

I did not ask for any premium service or next day posting.

Why though would I join TWO clubs to purchase one second hand book.

I thought at the time they wanted a lot of onfo.and I was certainly not made aware of any club joining and am very careful not to get involved in any money making scams.

I did not ask for any premium service or next day posting.

What are they saying you have joined? Amazon are usually pretty good at giving you your money back if you mistakenly signed up for something.

I'm also a regular second hand book buyer from Amazon and I've not had any problems.

Yes I have seen the offer to tempt you to their more expensive delivery options and that service but I've read the screen and simply checked my order before clicking SUBMIT.

Yeah what are they saying you signed up for? It's pretty likely you clicked something by accident or didn't uncheck something. If it was asking for a lot of info then there definitely must have been something on the page about it. I've used the 30 day next day delivery free offer and even that clearly states it's only 30 days and you have to cancel it, but they also say you can cancel it whenever and you still get the 30 days :)

Archived