Beware Amazon on line shopping

It puzzles me why anyone who buys an item from them woud want to pay 20pound a month for the privelege.,

I don't know what other services are included but I believe the main selling point is that you don't have to pay extra for next day delivery. Which might be beneficial if you buy a lot of items. The basic service isn't £20 a month though.

I still maintain it is sharp practice and if it is an honest and open membership why is money taken without telling you.

They do tell you. If I was you I would be making sure it was genuinely Amazon who had take then money and the calling them to explain your mistake.

Amazon Prime:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/subs/primeclub/signup/main.html

There's no obligation — cancel anytime before your Free Trial is over and you will not be charged the £49.00 annual fee.

Nothing about a £20 fee, so I'd be doing what Cynic says.

I have got a refund of the cost of each 'club' which I did not elect to join.I am annoyed at their deviousness of trying to extact money without my permission.Also hoping I am one of the people who do not check their credit card statements.

I have got a refund of the cost of each 'club' which I did not elect to join.I am annoyed at their deviousness of trying to extact money without my permission.Also hoping I am one of the people who do not check their credit card statements.

If I were you I would be more annoyed at your own dimness for not checking what you were doing properly...

Which "clubs" did you join. The numbers you gave don't seem to relate to anything that Amazon offer? You said it was a second hand book, was that from someone on Amazon Marketplace? Even then I'm pretty sure Amazon still handle the payment so I can't see how you could be singed up to anything else by a dodge company on there that hadn't been reported

As others have said, I have bought loads of stuff from Amazon, and had no problems at all. Quite the reverse in fact - their customer service is second-to-none.

Totally agree, and their returns policy is excellent.

Archived