Cats Fouling and their owners

My next door neighbour had a cat and it regularly cr@pped in our garden and the one the other side. Then one day we got a note through the door with a phone number saying her cat was missing, if you see it, blah blah.

When I met the neighbour on the other side a week later I commented on the lack of cr@p as the cat had gone missing. He gave me a sly grin and said "Yes I know, he's moved to Preston."

Turns out that when his little lad came in for the third time in as many months with sloppy cat poo all over his clothes he decided enough was enough. He wanted to kill it but his missus wouldn't let him. That week he was working in Preston so he trapped it with a fish bait and put it in a box. Then the next day took it to Preston with him and let it lose on the housing estate he was working on. When I said how do you know somebody will take it in his reply was "well it was either that or kill it so at least it had a chance"

I'm not sure I could have done it, but it seemed to work for him.

What a complete evil little sod. If he'd have told me what he'd done i'd have reported him and had a go at him myself. Obviously this person has no soul what so ever.

What we are getting here is evidence of cat owners wanting to reap the benefit of owning a pet without taking any responsibility for their animal's behaviour. If you want to call a cat your own then be prepared to clear up after it like a dog owner would and stop being so bloody selfish.

What we are getting here is evidence of cat owners wanting to reap the benefit of owning a pet without taking any responsibility for their animal's behaviour. If you want to call a cat your own then be prepared to clear up after it like a dog owner would and stop being so bloody selfish.

Most people, the Police and the government etc, all accept that cats, by their very nature are semi-free roamers and that the notion of owners having full control of them as if it was a dog is just ridiculous. The anti cat brigade are just going to have to suck eggs.

End of thread.

Most people, the Police and the government etc, all accept that cats, by their very nature are semi-free roamers and that the notion of owners having full control of them as if it was a dog is just ridiculous. The anti cat brigade are just going to have to suck eggs.

End of thread.

What the hell gives you the right to end a thread?

It seems to me that people own cats because they are too lazy and irresponsible to own a dog and take on all the responsibility that goes with it.

If you want to call an animal your own then be prepared to lessen the extent to which your animal inconveniences others.

It seems to me that people own cats because they are too lazy and irresponsible to own a dog and take on all the responsibility that goes with it.

If you want to call an animal your own then be prepared to lessen the extent to which your animal inconveniences others.

I'm lucky with my cats as they are very particular where they poo (a spot on my garden) but every cat is different. Unless you have owned a cat it's difficult for you to understand the difference between them and dogs. It would be impossible to follow a cat about trying to catch it's poo and in most cases it would be cruel to keep a cat in as most like to be outside for some part of the day (except in winter!:hihi:). Most cats don't like being walked on a lead for a start. This is such a complicated subject and I don't know any owners that would want their cats to poo on other peoples' gardens but it isn't that simple. Cats have territories that even their owners don't fully know about. The saying Dogs have Owners, Cats have Staff comes to mind. If you've ever tried to train a cat you'd know what I mean.

Dog owners are all responsible eh?

So what does it mean if you have a cat and a dog? I actually have three cats who don't want much interaction, and a giant lab who needs a long walk every night. Where do I stand in your generalisation?

Archived