Cats Fouling and their owners

I am currently luring a couple of cats who keep going in my garden (all over my lovely home grown veg, that they then scratch to death trying to bury their poo) into a false sense of security. I have notes ready to attach to their necks asking their owners to come clean up the poo and pay for my veg that has been ruined.

I think they sense my plan though as they don't come too near at the moment. All in good time though!

Why the hell I should clean up the s**t of someone elses pet is beyond me. Your pet, your responsibilty.

I would **** myself if you stood in it and thought i wish i would have cleaned it up now :hihi: cats roam how can any owner know where there cat is and then clean up the mess.

Definately cats we chase them off all the time.

Although this is probably frivolous compared to other stuff they deal with, I may contact my MP. You'd think by the sheer weight of postings and threads on here that 'Cat Legislation' would be a vote winner :-)

What would would this "cat legislation" be then? What do you want the government to do exactly?

What would would this "cat legislation" be then? What do you want the government to do exactly?

Enshrine in law that if someone wishes to provide a home to a cat then it is their responsibilty to prevent it from fouling on and damaging other peoples property. Additionally it would be their responsibility to ensure their cat does not damage the local environment including local eco-systems.

And the simple solution before you ask is to not let the cat out of the house.

[/b]

I would **** myself if you stood in it and thought i wish i would have cleaned it up now :hihi: cats roam how can any owner know where there cat is and then clean up the mess.

well of course I clean it up, otherwise my backyard would be full of it!

In answer to the roaming thing: Thats why I have notes ready to tie to them, that way the owners will know where they are doing the mess! Although I understand they will probably ignore it...maybe I should add something vaguely threatening about booting it one*

*this is a joke, don't call the RSPA!

Maybe all cat owners should put their cats on leads and take them for a walk twice a day; or maybe follow them around all day, hopping over peoples hedges and climbing over garden walls with a poop scoop and a plastic bag just in case.

Maybe we could have "bird legislation" to stop the pigeons pooing on my car?

Enshrine in law that if someone wishes to provide a home to a cat then it is there responsibilty to prevent it from fouling on and damaging other peoples property. Additionally it would be their responsibility to ensure their cat does not damage the local environment including local eco-systems.

And the simple solution before you ask is to not let the cat out of the house.

Perhaps licencing for cats, with stricter rules on spaying will eventually lead to a reduction in the shear amount of cats and the fouling some do on peoples properties; This may be a better aproach than making cat owners build encosures in their back gardens, or making them keeps cats indoors if they dont have a garden.

I would be quite happy to clear up what my cat produces as I feel I am a responsible pet owner, however I would be interested to know how you can "prove" which cat in the neighbourhood has produced which mess and therefore hold it's owner responsible.

In our street there are a dozen or more cats that visit neighbouring gardens on a regular basis. I don't know which mess belongs to my cat and which belongs to my neighbours cat. So I clean the lot up!

DNA test? - Cost you a bit, though.

I am currently luring a couple of cats who keep going in my garden (all over my lovely home grown veg, that they then scratch to death trying to bury their poo) into a false sense of security. I have notes ready to attach to their necks asking their owners to come clean up the poo and pay for my veg that has been ruined.

I think they sense my plan though as they don't come too near at the moment. All in good time though!

Why the hell I should clean up the s**t of someone elses pet is beyond me. Your pet, your responsibilty.

Hmmm....bestiality AND 'grooming'.

Archived