Cats Fouling and their owners

If it stinks then it's likely to be a tom marking out his terriroty. Gawd knows what the poo is about though, they usually do that on soil then cover it.

You need to convince them that an even bigger cat has the territory.

Google for "lion poo". Seriously!

When you consider not only the effect they have on personal property but the wildlife in the areas around them. It's very difficult to see them as anything other than legal vermin.

also goes for humans ...look at all the pain caused to animals and the environment

Of course they will - it still doesn't make it right though does it ?

Its in a cats nature to do it.

A lot of cat owners but bells on the cats collar to make it hard for the cat to catch anything such as a mouse.

there is many ways to stop cats from spraying and digging your garden up , 1 water jets 2, put pepper down

3.....neuter.

I am a cat lover but have had my cats spayey or neutered. I have a daft house cat that never goes out but hes still neutered, couln't stand the smell if he wasn't. Un uneutered tom cats spray and occasionally leave a poop to martk their territory. A tom cat once sprayed onthe brickwork not far from our patio doors and I could still smell it even though I had washed the outside wall with stron dettol. :mad:

If you don't leave bare soil the cats will poop elsewhere and as a bonus there will be no spare ground for weeds to grow.

koikeepers point 1, water jets is a good way to make sure they don't come back. You can get automatic systems that come on when they sense movement. Just don't forget they are on when you go out into your garden :hihi:

I can understand the OP's point. It's the same on our garden. They also use my kids trampoline as a scratch post. When I was pregnant there was a huge problem with it but I was warned by my midwife not to touch the mess as it could harm the baby. I think owners should take more responsibility. People are whinging because people are wanting to harm the cats, but what else can they do? Why should they have to go to lengths at their cost to stop them messing on their property.

Archived