Car tax reminder help

If you apply and pay for your new road tax online today, and print out the page at the end which shows you have done so, to put in your windscreen, you might get away with it.

If not from tomorrow it will appear as a vehicle without tax or a SORN. I would think that would flag up automatically on a police car's ANPR systems.

There's nothing to get away with providing it was done by the end of today. I know, I just did mine online today after finding Eckington Post Office temporarily closed this morning and panicking slightly!

"When you apply for a tax disc online or by using our phone service you are able to legally continue to drive your vehicle for up to 5 days after the tax disc has expired while you wait for the new tax disc to arrive. This will only apply when you have applied for a new tax disc before the current one expires. You should continue to display the expired disc on your vehicle, until the new one arrives".

Taken from here

If it is on your drive then it is off the road. I don't think it can get clamped/removed. I knew someone who had his car parked on the road, let the tax go for a month as the battery was flat and he couldn't move the car to an off-road location and they got him

Archived