Question about motorcycle riding test.

Right, I passed my CBT in August 2009 and have been riding a 125cc ever since, now that my CBT is about to expire, im looking at my options.

My bike is classed as an A1, so I cannot take my test on it (unless I just want to ride a 125 without L plates.

Looking at prices for a course to get a restricted licence, it seems like that will cost anywhere between £500-600.

However, I feel confident enough just to book the tests myself, without doing a course at a riding school (saving about £400+)

The problem is, my bike being a category A1 !!!

Anyone have any ideas ?

are you wanting a FULL bike license? for that sort of money (£500-600) you can have tuition, hire one of their 500cc bikes and pass the test! what do you mean by a restricted license?

One thats restricted to 33bhp - apparently the courses for that is a lot cheaper..

If you been riding your 125 since 2009,then your best bet would be a couple of hours tuition on a bigger bike [to iron out any bad habits ] and use there bike for your test.

Thats what I was thinking, however, most of the schools will only give me a quote for the full course...

most bike test centes hire 125,s that you can take your test on ie/ ybr125, cg125 (a2) get some lessons including hire and then hire biketo take tests

here is a list of 125 cc bikes that you can progress to a larger bike by taking your test on ie/ - a2 ( capable of over 62.5 mph)

http://www.direct.gov.uk/prod_consum_dg/groups/dg_digitalassets/@dg/@en/@motor/documents/digitalasset/dg_197021.pdf

Yeah i bet they will, keep looking im sure you will find someone. Seems daft spending all that money when you,ve got two years riding experience.

Got over 20 years experience, my last bike was a suzuki RF900, but got banned through my own stupid fault and had to start again from scratch....

Don't do anything daft like ride your 125 when your licence expires. Make sure you stay legal.

Love

Your Mother x

Its not the licence thats about to expire, its the CBT - got till the last week in august, so looking into it now, if all else fails I will just take the CBT again.

Dont worry mum :hihi:

Archived