Saturday Advice on what to do

Yiderlier

Hi all,

I want to take a girl somewhere on Saturday evening/night. I dont want standard restaurant, thinking something different but unfortunately I have no idea if there is anything going on different in Sheffield or the surrounding area.

Any suggestions?

Why don't you pack up a nice picnic and some champagne (or sparkling wine, given the financial climate) and take her to the concert in the Botanical Gardens? i think it starts around 6.30pm.

iIve been the last few years, and it is a lovely and different way to spend a warm summer's evening. And the orchestra are excellent!

You need tickets, but I think you can get them from shop in the Botanical Gardens - or you might be able to pay on the door...

Hi all,

I want to take a girl somewhere on Saturday evening/night. I dont want standard restaurant, thinking something different but unfortunately I have no idea if there is anything going on different in Sheffield or the surrounding area.

Any suggestions?

We assume you've already found the girl and that the question is about the restaurant then?

I think it depends on what you know about this young lady and what kind of things she is likely to appreciate, doesn't it? If you don't know her so well, why not just pop out for a few drinks and ask her what type of cuisine she likes, if she has any favourite places etc? You can always pick somewhere up on the hoof around Sheffield and it may make her feel special that you've considered her preferences first - rather than taking her off to somewhere she doesn't fancy.

If you do know her quite well then you'll probably know whether she likes city centre, or country pub, busy or quiet, budget or top end, Indian, or French or Thai, or Chinese, Bistro, or Restaurant or Gastro Pub or Take Away? So, pick one.

You say you don't want standard restaurant - not sure what you would call a standard restaurant in a city that is devoid of few decent ones. But if you want something a bit different then how about Wasabi Sabi on London Road :)- Japanese teppanyaki where they will throw food at you and set you on fire? That's different.

Why don't you pack up a nice picnic and some champagne (or sparkling wine, given the financial climate) and take her to the concert in the Botanical Gardens? i think it starts around 6.30pm.

iIve been the last few years, and it is a lovely and different way to spend a warm summer's evening. And the orchestra are excellent!

You need tickets, but I think you can get them from shop in the Botanical Gardens - or you might be able to pay on the door...

If I was a woman i'd go on a date with you for sure! What a lovely romantic, classy, suggestion.

Alas I'm a bloke - a married one at that - but you've given me a nice idea there to try out on the wife!

Archived