Where is the Isle of Wight?

Beautiful place I get the shuttle ferry from portsmouth only takes 20mins a week really isnt enough. Last year got talking to one of the locals and learnt a bit of history apparently the Isle of Wight was part of france until it drifted away and is now classed as the british isles, I found it very interesting, love history,

hope you have a good holiday xx

.... Drifted.. You make it sound as if it was never connected to the UK. It is part of the purbek chalk band that runs along that region of the south coast and was until the last ice-age very much a solid part of the South coast, untill the chalk band was eroaded away and eventually produced an island, at the same time making the iconic Old harry rocks outcrop that stretch towards the Isle Of Wight Chalk Cliffs from the West :D.

At some time it was though connected to france but as was the Whole South West Coast of the UK :D.

The Isle of Wight isn't part of Hampshire its a county in its own right and it wasn't part of France but joined onto the British mainland.

You can get there from Lymington,Portsmouth or Southampton the average

ferry crossing takes 30-40 minutes but beware its pretty expensive to take your car on the ferry.

Forgive you for not knowing where it is because its refreshing for someone to ask the question instead of just assuming its off Liverpool !!!!

Hmmm, are you planning on going there alone? Should you be allowed out?

Just booked train tickets from Ches to Southampton, 2 of us for £105, going for Cowes Week.

Yes mummy and daddy say now I am 14 I can go on my own.

To all the people who have given me a geography lesson, thank you very much. I have learnt something new today.

To all the others, your brains must be full of ____ if you know everything!

Archived