Opinions on piccolinos please

Truffles

An expensive chain producing average nosh. Nice location and atmosphere but thats all.

After two bad meals (before anyone says it - the second one we only went back as they gave us a discount voucher after the first bad one) - I have said never again.

A better option might be the bar and grill leopold square.

Much nicer food and a more exclusive vibe.

Plus I think locally owned (might be wrong on that)?

And I just saw , they have a 10 % off voucher available if you fill in a form on their website.

Went once and they said they couldn't seat us because they already had the maximum number of customers the kitchen could cope with, the place was half empty, so left and have never been back.

Went there with some friends about 2 months ago. Wasn't looking forward to it particularly as Italian isn't my thing and my mates wife is a moaning ratbag that finds something wrong with everything. So, it's not usually fun wherever we go when she's there.

However, they suggested it - we'd never been before. And to be perfectly honest I thought it was a decent meal in pleasant surroundings. There was a nice trendy buzz to the place and the food was ok.

Look, it's a chain restauarant - what do you expect?

I agree with skinner though that the Bar & Grill in Leopold square is a cut, several cuts in fact, above.

Went once and they said they couldn't seat us because they already had the maximum number of customers the kitchen could cope with, the place was half empty, so left and have never been back.

On the other hand not knowing what their situation was, maybe they had staff sickness etc in the kitchen?

Had they sat you and you waited for an hour and a half for food and then you complained you would have been no better off and neither would they!

I like the food and the decor/lighting/ambience. What I don't like are the prices and the pushy staff always trying to con you into paying for extra things and angling for tips in an Americanised kind of way.

Archived