Why do you bother with TV?

Either way, laws are to be observed: unpopular ones too.

Yes, one can clamour for change. Until a law is changed, however, it's still binding.

Or are you advocating anarchy?

'Anarchy' makes it sound very extreme, and is over the top, but yes if you want to call it that, I advocate people not paying for their TV license, especially when they don't even use any BBC services.

Have you never come across Buck or Harleyman before?

You're either with them or against them, it's totally black and white. Oh, and they get to choose which one of those you are.

I have, but I'd like to see the justification for the comment about them knowing how I feel about the US.

I doubt they can find a single quote where I criticise the US in general (as opposed to some specific issue).

'Anarchy' makes it sound very extreme, and is over the top, but yes if you want to call it that, I advocate people not paying for their TV license, especially when they don't even use any BBC services.

Problem: if you don't have to abide by a law that you don't like, what do you say to the next burglar who visits your home?

You mean you agree with the law about property and theft, so that's common sense, but you don't agree with the TV license so civil disobedience is okay for that one. The burglar will probably tell you that he doesn't agree with property law and so he's ignoring it and having your tele.

You mean you agree with the law about property and theft, so that's common sense, but you don't agree with the TV license so civil disobedience is okay for that one. The burglar will probably tell you that he doesn't agree with property law and so he's ignoring it and having your tele.

Yes common sense does apply in certain situations.

If there was a law that stated that everyone must cut theirselves with a knife before leaving the house, would you abide by it?

Archived