Why do you bother with TV?

I don't know. It wasn't me that brought morality into this.
You did, with your 'theft' analogy.

You may have qualified it as "common sense", when the principle you relied upon is morality (as pointed ourt by Magilla some time earlier).

Regardless, my question still stands, as a matter of equity: peeps who do not pay a TV license should not be allowed to watch iPlayer content. Do you agree?

That's because it doesn't really need qualifying. If we were to go by your specific defined version, then there would be no such thing as common sense, as no matter how daft something is, there is always someone who will do it.

So why is it common sense not to obey one law, and common sense to obey another, when both make good sense?

You did, with your 'theft' analogy.

You may have qualified it as "common sense", when the principle you relied upon is morality (as pointed ourt by Magilla some time earlier).

Regardless, my question still stands, as a matter of equity: peeps who do not pay a TV license should not be allowed to watch iPlayer content. Do you agree?

Yes I agree. Nothing wrong with that. It's all good.

The BBC certainly does not agree.

The Corporation thinks that everyone should have access to BBC content through the iPlayer.

This means that even the BBC thinks that paying the TV Licence fee should be a matter of personal choice. I happen to agree with the BEEB on this.

The Corporation thinks that everyone should have access to BBC content through the iPlayer.

This means that even the BBC thinks that paying the TV Licence fee should be a matter of personal choice.

It means nothing of the sort. The BBC has not pressed for a TV license when watching iPlayer to get it up and running, it is emerging technology that the BBC pioneered. There have always been plans to introduce the requirement for a TV license in the future.

Have you ever tried to access iPlayer content from overseas?

Stop embarrassing yourself :roll:

Archived