Why do you bother with TV?

The message the BBC is sending out loud and clear is to only pay the TV Licence fee if you really want to (I don't), and can afford it (I can't). The number of people like me with broadband, but no TV Licence, is growing - fast.

My conscience would rather see the BBC lost or destroyed than help finance them to threaten disadvantaged and vulnerable people in their own homes. I won't pay good old 'Aunty' a penny so she can harass the less well off members of our society, frightening them with the threat of a home invasion.

My moral compass prevents me from aiding tyranny.

The message the BBC is sending out loud and clear is to only pay the TV Licence fee if you really want to (I don't), and can afford it (I can't).

No, it is not.

The number of people like me with broadband, but no TV Licence, is growing - fast.

There's going to be alot of disappointed people in the future.

My conscience would rather see the BBC lost or destroyed than help finance them to threaten disadvantaged and vulnerable people in their own homes. I won't pay good old 'Aunty' a penny so she can harass the less well off members of our society, frightening them with the threat of a home invasion.

You claim the BBC only produces "crap" yet spend all day telling everyone how you watch it via iPlayer. Messed up compass perhaps.

That would seem to advocate it?

Nope. My original point in this thread regarding the license, is that people who do not use any BBC services whatsoever are still told that they have to pay for it. So even though I couldn't care less about the BBC, I am still paying for it.

If I don't use any BBC services, yet still use the TV but do not have a license, then I am not using a service that I am not paying for.

Nope. My original point in this thread regarding the license, is that people who do not use any BBC services whatsoever are still told that they have to pay for it. So even though I couldn't care less about the BBC, I am still paying for it.

So what, I couldn't care less for the NHS, but I'm still paying for it. It's called society and public service.

If I don't use any BBC services, yet still use the TV but do not have a license, then I am not using a service that I am not paying for.

OK, out of interest then, what do you watch (channels and programs) and what would you consider to be good quality programming?

The message the BBC is sending out loud and clear is to only pay the TV Licence fee if you really want to (I don't), and can afford it (I can't). The number of people like me with broadband, but no TV Licence, is growing - fast.
Isn't it incredible, the convoluted lengths/contorted logic paths to which freetards will go to try and justify themselves? Reminds of the "for/against torrents" arguments of lore :rolleyes:

So, you can afford an annual broadband subscription and computer(s) to go with that, but not the legal (and moral) amount to contribute towards the content you enjoy?

I suggest that you look up the definitions of 'big words' which you clearly do not understand, before using them.

OH NO! Some posters will now claim that the BBC is just as essential as the NHS, police, fire brigade etc...

By comparing the makers of 'Cash In The Attic' to an essential public service that saves lives, the NHS, some posters are only displaying their complete separation from reality for all to see, and what is truly important in this life...

So what, I couldn't care less for the NHS, but I'm still paying for it. It's called society and public service.

OK, out of interest then, what do you watch (channels and programs) and what would you consider to be good quality programming?

So what? I was just explaining that I am not advocating using services you don't pay for and never have. I can understand people doing so, but haven't advocated it.

I mainly watch ESPN and Sky Sports on TV, other than that, I rarely watch TV anyway, I will use the internet to search for programmes of interest. I tend to watch more films than I do TV programming.

If what you are tying to get out of me is whether or not I watch BBC content, then I will straight up tell you that yes I do sometimes watch BBC programmes, but it wouldn't bother me to go without them. I can take it or leave it.

Archived