Why do you bother with TV?

I don't have a television.

Oh, a recent change ;)

because in Britain we have the BBC and they make some truly dreadful programmes (see 'Cash In The Attic', 'Homes Under The Hammer', 'In With The Flynns', 'Flog IT!',

They do, and have also made some of the best TV, radio and broadcast innovations the world over.

and anything on BBC4).

BBC4 has some of the best educational/informative and niche programs made in the UK and the wider world.

Without the BBC TV Licence fee I would definitely bother owning, and watching, a tv.

The irony being that without a TV license the programming would mostly be *precisely* the things you complain about above unless you subscribe to a paid service, all of which are currently more expensive than the license fee.

So you just watch your freinds TV? freeloader :D

Apparently his brother records them for him to watch ;), and iPlayer to ensure he doesn't miss those "garbage" BBC shows he hates so much.

INTEVIEWER is a classic example of someone who would cut off not only his nose, but everyone elses aswell, to spite his face.

I don't know the last time I watched something from the BBC.

I do know that I have a bunch of "American Dad"'s waiting to be watched, light hearted anti establishment fun, and I watched an episode of Nikita earlier (not the best spy/action drama, but passable). 45 minutes is enough TV for today though, off out to enjoy the last few hours of sunshine I think.

TROLL ALERT!!!

Oh dear.

Your attitude worries me greatly.

It seems that if your precious BBC receives even the smallest amount of criticism then you immediately overreact and post personal insults as the first line of defence. So much for presenting a reasoned, opposing argument - as Magilla has done.

But I'm not angry.

Just disappointed.

Most people in the UK have a television because the BBC insists that they have one.

Nonsense, the vast majority have one because they like to watch TV!

I would be perfectly happy to go without the BBC if it meant not paying for the license.

Each to their own ofcourse, but I couldn't disagree more. It's not only TV, its the radio, the website, the news and a multitude of other things.

Each to their own ofcourse, but I couldn't disagree more. It's not only TV, its the radio, the website, the news and a multitude of other things.

I would be perfectly happy to go without all of that. It's fine by me. But aye, each to their own.

Nonsense, the vast majority have one because they like to watch TV!

The BBC does a brilliant and respected world service.

After not having a TV for over 12 years I purchased one 2 weeks ago. :o

The reason was partly to do with my grandson who is 3 and likes to watch Cbeebies and his DVD's and also cos I like watching films. Now HD TV's are out watching HD films is a much better experience and going from an old style 21" to a modern thin 37" make a lot of difference. In that 12 years I have saved plenty in not having a TV license so for now I don't mind buying one.

Not had it on that much though but I'm enjoying watching the tennis. :)

Archived