Why do you bother with TV?

I have BBC News channel which is among the best for world news. The other BBC channel is a load of crap. All they seem to show is Gordon Ramsey and What Not to Wear. Never bother watching it

Can you get BBC4 in the States. It's absolutely excellent for documentaries and even the documentaries about things you thought you had no interest in turn out to be hugely enjoyable. It's my favourite channel.

Watching TV without a valid licence is a criminal offence. You will be prosecuted, face a court appearance and have to pay a fine of up to £1,000 - or face imprisonment in a high security prison for your very serious criminal behaviour (watching tv).

A fleet of detector vans will swoop on your property, and TV Licence Fee Enforcers will break into your home and search every room.

It is much better to pay the paltry amount of £145.50 than face these 'state measures'...

cool :roll:

*in prison with my cellmate*

-What did you do?

-Killed a man, raped him, ate him. You?

-Watched TV without license. Pretty bad I know.

I have BBC News channel which is among the best for world news. The other BBC channel is a load of crap. All they seem to show is Gordon Ramsey and What Not to Wear. Never bother watching it
I used to watch Top Gear on it, but its got boring recently. I like Deadliest catch on Discovery, WW1 and WW2 on the Military Channel. EPL games on Fox Soccer as well as Rugby, Nascar when the race starts and about ten laps from the finish when it gets interesting. Seconds from Disaster on National Geographic, and America's got Talent, just to prove there are better performers than Susan Boyle.:)

Can you get BBC4 in the States. It's absolutely excellent for documentaries and even the documentaries about things you thought you had no interest in turn out to be hugely enjoyable. It's my favourite channel.
We don't get it, but its probable some of the documentaries you see on it are distributed among the many documentary channels available here.

:

Tell that to a BBC TV Licence fee Enforcer banging on your door, with a search warrant in one hand and a policeman glaring menacingly at you at the side of him...
It goes against the principles of freedom to have to pay some exorbitant fee to watch TV. If there were detector vans in the US, the drivers would need bullet proof vests.:hihi:

:It goes against the principles of freedom to have to pay some exorbitant fee to watch TV. If there were detector vans in the US, the drivers would need bullet proof vests.:hihi:

The principles of freedom include being able to watch TV you haven't paid for? Give your cable company a call and tell them you aren't paying again because it goes against the principles of freedom, mention a bullet proof vest if you like, see what happens :hihi:

TV has become a fleeting pass-time. It isn't so much about content as that hasn't changed that much with the exception of being able to watch more dross, and be be charged for the pleasure. How many times do you want to watch the struggle of Polar bears or Penguins or watch how Dresden was bombed. To be honest i'd rather spend an extra 30mins on the netty with a book.

Archived