Govt. to urge firms to employ UK jobless rather than foreign workers

Who the hell is going to pay YOUR pension, or buy your house.

Pensions and now housing are funded by the next generations potential earnings.

Pensions are about to become worthless, and house prices are crashing fast.

And if our citizens have no job prospects, what of the economy and the value of the £.

That isn't the same as a "guaranteed job for life". Who in their right mind can expect the same job / company (or even industry) to last for 30 odd years. There are still millions of jobs in this country - however I think most people now expect to change job or even career several times during their working life. I'm on my third "career".

Isn’t the idea to slowly replace British workers with foreign workers so we have more time for leisure activities? We should be enjoying life whilst the foreign workers pay tax to support us, and look after us. Its win win they are better off and we can spend our time relaxing and drinking piña colada’s. One long holiday sounds good to me.:thumbsup:

I thought computers, machines and robots were supposed to do all the work thus freeing the humans to compose poetry and lounge near streams and in wooded glades.

I thought computers, machines and robots were supposed to do all the work thus freeing the humans to compose poetry and lounge near streams and in wooded glades.

Our leaders watched The Matrix and decided to use foreigners instead. :D

Then why are you suggesting this,

"For unskilled unemployed workers, if it's a choice between picking cabbages out of a field near Boston or welfare, they should be made to pick cabbages."

if they are struggling to house and feed themselves.

Picking cabbages does not pay enough for the cabbage picker to feed themselves. The seasonal work requires state supplementation via tax credits/benefits IN SEASON.

When civilization (population) increases, the available labour again increases. In turn, luxury again increases in correspondence with the increasing profit, and the customs and needs of luxury increase. Crafts are created to obtain luxury products. The value realized from them increases, and, as a result, profits are again multiplied in the town. Production there is thriving even more than before. And so it goes with the second and third increase. All the additional labor serves luxury and wealth, in contrast to the original labour that served the necessity of life.

Were at danger of having nobody doing this work, and starvation for the poor.

Perhaps it can be fully automated.

However, if the production of the essentials, needs little/no human labour, then the produce should be shared amongst all.

People should not be going hungry when the labour required to produce the food is but a tiny fraction of the labour available.

haven't read any of the thread but I think we need to sort out the schools so that the kids can do basic maths, english and science before they start work or Uni then we wouldn't need to "encourage" employers to do anything.

agree with you entirely as soon as we can get them back from the striking that is!! as for employing uk jobless i do that every time, every time i get a cv with a foreign sounding name it gets filed under B for bin:hihi:

agree with you entirely as soon as we can get them back from the striking that is!! as for employing uk jobless i do that every time, every time i get a cv with a foreign sounding name it gets filed under B for bin:hihi:

Racist! :rant::loopy:

The fact of the matter is that the majority of British employers believe that unskilled British born unemployed people are vastly inferior to foreign born economic migrants - and exclude the British job seekers from the UK jobs market for this reason.

Labour MP Frank Field, a poverty expert, has revealed that of the 400,000 newly created jobs in the UK economy during the first year of the coalition Tory/Lib Dem government (2010/11), 87 per cent went to immigrants.

So 348,000 jobs went to immigrants, whilst just 52,000 jobs went to those born in the UK.

This is institutionalised economic apartheid. The oppression and domination of unemployed British people by capitalist bosses who hate and fear the British unemployed based simply upon their national origin.

The fact of the matter is that the majority of British employers believe that unskilled British born unemployed people are vastly inferior to foreign born economic migrants - and exclude the British job seekers from the UK jobs market for this reason.

Labour MP Frank Field, a poverty expert, has revealed that of the 400,000 newly created jobs in the UK economy during the first year of the coalition Tory/Lib Dem government (2010/11), 87 per cent went to immigrants.

So 348,000 jobs went to immigrants, whilst just 52,000 jobs went to those born in the UK.

This is institutionalised economic apartheid. The oppression and domination of unemployed British people by capitalist bosses who hate and fear the British unemployed based simply upon their national origin.

A2 national, no benefits. £300 earned, £300 realised.

UK national, benefits. £300 earned, £23 realised.

If you realise your wage, you value it.

If we didn't have a 'slave class', wages would be forced upwards (albeit whilst the currency devalued).

Capital asset depreciation is the order of the decade.

Archived