Bidding on Ebay

I put a bid on ebay of £101, the present bid is £103, if I place a bid for £200 will anyone else have to pay over that amount....?

Yes!

.....if they don't will I only have to pay £103?

You would pay £104, one pound more than the existing bid.

Hope that makes more sense than the ludicrous explanations above!^^^:)

Yes!

You would pay £104, one pound more than the existing bid.

Dont think they asked that they wanted to know what would happen if they put a £200 bid on,I take it that the £103 bid is the OP's and they were asking what would happen if they bid up to £200

There were two parts to the OPs question. I answered them both accurately and succinctly.

No you didnt you assumed the £103 bid was someone elses ,Im sure the OP is wise enough to understand that if there is already a £103 bid on the item they would have to go over ,hence logically the £103 bid is the OP's and with setting the limit at £200 they wouldnt have to bid again unless the £200 was taken out

No you didnt you assumed the £103 bid was someone elses ,Im sure the OP is wise enough to understand that if there is already a £103 bid on the item they would have to go over ,hence logically the £103 bid is the OP's

The OP says they bid £101, but that the current bid was £103. Logic dictates that the £103 is not the OPs bid.

The OP says they bid £101, but that the current bid was £103. Logic dictates that the £103 is not the OPs bid.

Apologies I misread the OP you are correct in that instance,it seems as though the OP thinks auctions work backwards..must be Dutch;)

God forbid someone bothers to explains to the OP why, so that he/she understands the reasons behind your summary (therefore potentially incorrect) conclusions :)

Archived