Another Made Up Sexual Assault

It looks like there's another high profile sexual assault charge going to be dropped because the woman made it up.

Of course this woman, if she did make it up, should be jailed. But a spin off is that it detracts from women who have been really attacked. It proves further that rape charges are very difficult to prove and shows that the low conviction rate is probably because the men didn't do it in the first place.

Any measures taken to make it easier to convict for rape should be binned as unworkable.

This is all women's (some) own doing...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2010137/Dominique-Strauss-Kahn-FREE-Ex-IMF-boss-released-bail-rape-maid-lied.html

Women are always victims

That also includes the larger swilling laddetes, who are drunk out of there heads, flshing boobs and lifting skirts up for a laugh. It also include the loud and rowdy hen nights who dress in a provocative manner causing trouser troubles to men in the bar, on an innocent night out

Frank, most rape cases never even get reported, never get to court - it's less than a third, at least.

In recent years the figures for the percentage of cases reported that result in convictions have varied between 5 and 8% - half of these convictions were as a result of the defendant pleading guilty to the offence.

Follow the link, and download the pdf - it's from a reputable source and is safe.

http://www.google.co.uk/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rlz=1T4ADFA_enGB391GB392&q=FACTS+ABOUT+RAPE

It proves further that rape charges are very difficult to prove and shows that the low conviction rate is probably because the men didn't do it in the first place.

Please, think about how damaging statements like this are to women and men(!), and children who have suffered this terrible crime, and their loved ones too, as, given the stats, there is every possibility that a victim of rape is reading this thread right now.

Women are always victims

That also includes the larger swilling laddetes, who are drunk out of there heads, flshing boobs and lifting skirts up for a laugh. It also include the loud and rowdy hen nights who dress in a provocative manner causing trouser troubles to men in the bar, on an innocent night out

Men are victims of rape too, husbands, fathers, sons, too.

So, women out to enjoy themselves deserve to be raped, eh?

Nice one, Trill, you've excelled yourself this time.

Please, think about how damaging statements like this are to women and men(!), and children who have suffered this terrible crime, and their loved ones too, as, given the stats, there is every possibility that a victim of rape is reading this thread right now.

And what about all the men falsely accused? They can be damaged too. Or is it only rape victims that can be wronged...

There is every reasonable reason to believe that a large proportion of rape claims are false given the stats. Whether that actually is the case or not, who knows, but it's not unreasonable to think that.

It makes me so angry when something like this happens and by default makes the population as a whole less likely to believe a genuine woman or man who has been attacked.

Anybody proven to be lying in this way should be prosecuted with all the strength of the law, including losing their anonymity, in my opinion.

And what about all the men falsely accused? They can be damaged too. Or is it only rape victims that can be wronged...

There is every reasonable reason to believe that a large proportion of rape claims are false given the stats. Whether that actually is the case or not, who knows, but it's not unreasonable to think that.

Is there, how do you get to that point? A handful of cases printed in the Daily Mail amongst thousands? The one in the link in the OP is not yet proven, is still subjudice as far as I'm aware. Just because victims drop charges, doesn't mean they were made up in the first place, either.

Yes, there are some people who make false accusations, and that is a crime in intself and should be dealt with accordingly, and the victims compensated, but it shouldn't be used as an excuse to justify our terrible record on rape crimes.

Frank is correct in so far as, anyone that claims to have been raped and has not, causes even more sorrow for genuine victims, but it's not an excuse for us to forsake all rape victims.

Is there, how do you get to that point? A handful of cases printed in the Daily Mail amongst thousands? The one in the link in the OP is not yet proven, is still subjudice as far as I'm aware. Just because victims drop charges, doesn't mean they were made up in the first place, either.

By the stats, as I said. I'm not even saying I believe it, I'm just saying it is perfectly reasonable to have that view. And yes, just because charges are dropped doesn't mean they were made up allegations, but it also doesn't mean that they were not made up allegations. No one other than the people involved truly know the answer to that.

Yes people reading the forum may have been raped. That doesn't mean we shouldn't air our views on what we think about the subject of false claims.

Yes people reading the forum may have been raped. That doesn't mean we shouldn't air our views on what we think about the subject of false claims.

What are these stats, though? A handful of retractions that appear in the gutter press?

Yes, people who have been raped may be reading, and their fathers, mothers, brothers, sisters may also be on here too. No, it doesn't mean people shouldn't air their views, but genuine victims have suffered enough, and therefore, when we air our views, we should air them with sensitivity for genuine victims of this terrible crime. (and I'm not accusing you of airing your views insensitively at all, I was previously referring to the OP). Just because some may abuse the system, like with everything, we don't need to cause genuine victims even more pain than stories like this already do.

Archived