Another Made Up Sexual Assault

What are these stats, though? A handful of retractions that appear in the gutter press?

Yes, people who have been raped may be reading, and their fathers, mothers, brothers, sisters may also be on here too. No, it doesn't mean people shouldn't air their views, but genuine victims have suffered enough, and therefore, when we air our views, we should air them with sensitivity for genuine victims of this terrible crime. (and I'm not accusing you of airing your views insensitively at all, I was previously referring to the OP). Just because some may abuse the system, like with everything, we don't need to cause genuine victims even more pain than stories like this already do.

Fair point, I agree with you there. I don't think there was anything wrong with what the OP said personally, but I agree with your reasoning.

EDIT: The stats I was referring to were the percentage of convictions from rape charges.

when i was 14 i was attacked by someone i knew,my mother reported it to the police,we had to drop everything because my whole family was being intimadated and i had to move to another area with relatives to get away from reprisals.its over 35 years ago this happened..i cant see much has changed tbh..the police at the time thought i was making it up which did not help,but it did happen and the bloke got away with it.

Fair point, I agree with you there. I don't think there was anything wrong with what the OP said personally, but I agree with your reasoning.

EDIT: The stats I was referring to were the percentage of convictions from rape charges.

Right, I see your point, I think we both at least agree that the whole system for reporting, processing, and convicting is pretty dire.

when i was 14 i was attacked by someone i knew,my mother reported it to the police,we had to drop everything because my whole family was being intimadated and i had to move to another area with relatives to get away from reprisals.its over 35 years ago this happened..i cant see much has changed tbh..the police at the time thought i was making it up which did not help,but it did happen and the bloke got away with it.

That's terrible. Aren't the police meant to remain impartial when it comes to these things, whether they believe you or not? Although that was 35 years ago, so things may be different now, or at least I hope so.

anyone who has done jury service will tell you it's a farse....there is no justice and the winner in most cases is the villain or the villain with the most money for lawyers...the victim is worse for going to the court and the police will tell you that the judges live in cloud cuckoo land and many have freemason links which make their loyalty greater to the lodge members than the law of the land...If the villain has freemason links he'll get a slap on the wrist....whatever he has done...unless he steals money from a rich person..then he's toast!

I've got a tear in my eye, after reading that. I'm very sorry to learn about your dreadful experience. This is all too common, I'm afaid, and it's time things were changed. You are in my thoughts.x

That's terrible. Aren't the police meant to remain impartial when it comes to these things, whether they believe you or not? Although that was 35 years ago, so things may be different now, or at least I hope so.

i had a boyfriend at the time and they implied i was sexually active,many 14 yr old girls have boyfriends..i was not a promiscuous girl in any way.police used to delve into the victims sexual past to justify the actions of the rapist and to discredit the the victim.all i know i was touched in a innapropiate way by someone who was much stronger then a weedy 14 yr old.i wonder how many cases have been dropped because the victim finds it too much to bear.

It looks like there's another high profile sexual assault charge going to be dropped because the woman made it up.

Not at all. It's likely to be dropped because a jury is unlikely to believe her. There's no evidence either way to say whether she made it up or not, that I'm aware of.

i had a boyfriend at the time and they implied i was sexually active,many 14 yr old girls have boyfriends..i was not a promiscuous girl in any way.police used to delve into the victims sexual past to justify the actions of the rapist and to discredit the the victim.

There are two possible reasons the police might do that. One is that they might not believe you. The other is that, since a defence lawyer is going to delve into your past and try to damage your credibility, the police need to do it first to see whether your credibility will stand up to such scrutiny. If it doesn't, a prosecution will not be successful so there's no point charging anybody.

The question of whether you are credible is NOT the same as whether or not you are telling the truth. It's more about whether you can be made to LOOK like you're not telling the truth, and defence lawyers are world experts at tying people into knots and making it look like they contradict themselves and can't be trusted.

Women are always victims

That also includes the larger swilling laddetes, who are drunk out of there heads, flshing boobs and lifting skirts up for a laugh. It also include the loud and rowdy hen nights who dress in a provocative manner causing trouser troubles to men in the bar, on an innocent night out

Fishing boobs ? Is this a new sport ?

Archived