Another Made Up Sexual Assault

Probably a good idea then that the next time you accuse someone of rape, you make sure you have no form when making up stories and don’t pick on seriously wealthy people.

So you accept that justice is dependant on the size of your bank account?

What does your bible the Guardian have to say about this?

I don't actually read the Guardian, in fact I can't remember the last time I bothered to read any of the blatently biased news sheets available.

We are not talking about little white lies here though are we, we're talking seriously big ones that you are defending. There's a big difference.

I'm not defending anything, I, personally, have doubts over whether she was raped or not. That is completely irrelevant, she is entitled to the same protection and rights as anybody else. If she is a victim of crime she has every right to be treat AS a 'victim', and not as a 'lying, drug dealing, immigrant'.

The fact is, it isn't actually illegal to have an affair and so where some on here are claiming the women is having her character tainted, they don't seem to mind that an attempt on this guy's character has also happened.

Making allegedly false rape claims is in the premier league when it comes to lying.

Personally I haven't a clue which way it'll go as the justice system in the States is very suspect. High profile cases such as OJ Simpson is a testament to that if you take public and media outcry as a rule of thumb.

It does however seem that you've made your mind up. I've improved on your statement a little just to show that you possibly haven't.

So are you saying that if you happen to be raped by someone who is wealthy and you may have a dubious past then it's tough and you just have to accept being raped?

So you believe that a person found to have made repeated serious allegations is a credible witness?

I communicated with a guy once who was falsely accused of rape and spent time in prison. Turns out the accuser had form and had made false allegations in the past but the Police witheld that information.

Unfortunately money does talk.

So you accept that justice is dependant on the size of your bank account?

I don't actually read the Guardian, in fact I can't remember the last time I bothered to read any of the blatently biased news sheets available.

I'm not defending anything, I, personally, have doubts over whether she was raped or not. That is completely irrelevant, she is entitled to the same protection and rights as anybody else. If she is a victim of crime she has every right to be treat AS a 'victim', and not as a 'lying, drug dealing, immigrant'.

She was treated as a victim and possibly still is but the fact that she has been found to make very serious allegations in the past destroys her credibility and whilst you’re worried about her victim status what about the guy who has been accused, locked up, tagged, no doubt had to have an intimate degrading examination done, had his name spread across the world’s media and the prospect of losing his job, his family and spending 20 years in prison. Have you got any sympathy for him?

All the while she remains anonymous..

So you believe that a person found to have made repeated serious allegations is a credible witness?

They can be a credible witness - especially when backed up by other forensic evidence. In this case a sexual encounter of some description was known to have taken place from the forensic evidence the the question is whether it was consensual or not. The fact that she has lied in the past does not mean that she lies all the time though it does mean that she is more open to attack from the defence so the prosecution must be more sure of their case.

Personally I haven't a clue which way it'll go as the justice system in the States is very suspect. High profile cases such as OJ Simpson is a testament to that if you take public and media outcry as a rule of thumb.

It does however seem that you've made your mind up. I've improved on your statement a little just to show that you possibly haven't.

And I'll repeat what i said without you manipulating the quotes:-

Making false rape claims is in the premier league when it comes to lying.

Lied in a U.S. asylum application that her husband was tortured in jail and died of injuries

Lied about having been gang raped by soldiers in Guinea to help her asylum application

Lied about waiting in the hall outside the suite of the 'attack' until Strauss-Kahn left

Lied by claiming a friend's child as her own for the last two years to get a higher tax refund

Odd that the DM article does not mention the rather crucial evidence admitted by the prosecution, a phone intercept of her conversation with her boyfriend the day after the alleged attack : "Don't worry, he's loaded, I know what I'm doing".

Her boyfriend ('unofficial' husband) was doing time for money laundering and it was he under phone surveillance (not her) at the time of that call. The wiretapping police didn't make the connection with the DSK case (that the maid was the boyfriend's caller) until recently.

That appears to show intent, by the maid.

She was treated as a victim and possibly still is but the fact that she has been found to make very serious allegations in the past destroys her credibility and whilst you’re worried about her victim status what about the guy who has been accused, locked up, tagged, no doubt had to have an intimate degrading examination done, had his name spread across the world’s media and the prospect of losing his job, his family and spending 20 years in prison. Have you got any sympathy for him?

All the while she remains anonymous..

The man should have the same right of anonynimity as the woman. Given the nature of the crime and the possibility of her making false 'claims' it seems grossly unfair that one side is provided with anonymity and the other side not. Whether I have any sympathy for him is utterly irrelevant, it is not a him or her situatiion. Both of them should be entitled to FAIR access to justice, no matter what their financial circumstances, not what is currently happening, 'justice by media'. All this has done is destroy any hope that a fair trial is likely and reduce the chances of any woman coming from the 'less wealthy side of the street' reporting any assault or rape. How is this, in any way, beneficial?

The man should have the same right of anonynimity as the woman. Given the nature of the crime and the possibility of her making false 'claims' it seems grossly unfair that one side is provided with anonymity and the other side not. Whether I have any sympathy for him is utterly irrelevant, it is not a him or her situatiion. Both of them should be entitled to FAIR access to justice, no matter what their financial circumstances, not what is currently happening, 'justice by media'. All this has done is destroy any hope that a fair trial is likely and reduce the chances of any woman coming from the 'less wealthy side of the street' reporting any assault or rape. How is this, in any way, beneficial?

It is relevant as is your aparent need for her to be treated with the upmost respect despite the fact she is know to made other various serious claims. Her name should be known and it might well be the case that more people come forward and reveal more information about her. What has destroyed this trial if there was ever going to be one, because this guy in my opinion is completely innocent until proven guilty, is her lies.

Archived