'Sun,Sea and Satan'

As for the statues, yes one is a child holding his willy, this doesn't mean he's masturbating. There have been statues like this throughout history, usually as a cheeky garden fountain or similar water feature, sometimes used as an ornament without the plumbing. Does this mean the owner is a paedophile? No.

Also, the very famous Manneken Pis (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manneken_Pis)

Then why mention it on a thread about that centre?:confused:

Or are you simply trying to draw in erroneous arguments?

The thread is about Jersey,the care home and institutional child abuse as reported by Bill Malloney.

Would you prefer the title altered ?

That would be fine by me.

Shirley oaks wasn't on Jersey.

SCCSUX never said it was, YOU are the one trying to link Ken Livingstone with the Jersey abuse. You've even lied about it as far as I can tell.

Yes and paedo's were around then too.

What a dumb response.

The thread is about Jersey,the care home and institutional child abuse as reported by Bill Malloney.

Would you prefer the title altered ?

That would be fine by me.

Then why not discuss it?

So far you've done nothing but derail your own thread and try to stir something up that isn't there.

SCCSUX never said it was, YOU are the one trying to link Ken Livingstone with the Jersey abuse. You've even lied about it as far as I can tell.

What a dumb response.

Then why not discuss it?

So far you've done nothing but derail your own thread and try to stir something up that isn't there.

I started it the day I came across the trailer to the film which I have not yet seen and wondered if anybody had seen the full film.

I then came accross the Livingston interview and got some pleasure from seeing a member of the establishmentbe questioned about whether he could have done more to bring those guilty of abuse to justice including the Jersey home,so relevant to the OP.

Thanks by the way for all your input I shall take it into account when I watch the film.

I then came accross the Livingston interview and got some pleasure from seeing a member of the establishmentbe questioned about whether he could have done more to bring those guilty of abuse to justice including the Jersey home,so relevant to the OP.

I've found it now, at 9:55 he literally just MENTIONS the name of the home at Jersey. He doesn't ask him anything about looking into it or bringing to justice those guilty. It's a completely irrellevant post/link.

I started it the day I came across the trailer to the film which I have not yet seen and wondered if anybody had seen the full film.

Thanks by the way for all your input I shall take it into account when I watch the film.

Livingstone a member of the "establishment"???

And what could he have done about Jersey - why on earth would he even know about it?

The abuse at Shirley Oaks appears to have happened prior to Livingstone's time as leader of the GLC and no mention of a "cover up".

http://www.chris-uk.org/william-alfred-hook/7202

Furthermore I don't think the GLC had any responsibility for Shirley Oaks.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greater_London_Council

"The GLC was responsible for running strategic services such as the fire service, emergency planning, waste disposal and flood prevention. The GLC shared responsibility with the London boroughs for providing roads, housing, city planning and leisure services. It had a very limited role in direct service provision with most functions the responsibility of the London boroughs. The GLC did not take control of public transport from the London Transport Board until 1970 and lost control to London Regional Transport in 1984."

Archived