Why are drum lessons so expensive??

Guest brownd95

Hi,

Just wanted to express my frustration about the cost of wanting to learn the drums.

A phone call to 2 different drum tuition schools had pretty much the same result with relation to a 1 hr 1-2-1 lesson.

£25 p/h !!!!!!!!

No wonder kids are hanging around on streets getting drunk.

So does anyone know a tutor who charges less??

cheers

Don't keep banging on about it. ;)

Sweetheart may be OK for closet guy (But you'd have to ask).

You may call me "sir" or "your highness".

point taken your majesty, but try to remember that this is a thread about drumming lessons, there's nothing to get furious about! (gorgeous)

It's not the most difficult instrument in the world to play. Difficult to master yes, but not to learn the actual playing of it. I wouldn't bother with lessons.

If you are adamant that you want to be 'taught', just look at some youtube vids.

I wondered why helicopter flying lessons were expensive.....then I thought maybe people in business have to make money like everyone else and the price people are willing to pay dictates what they charge. Some people buy water at a supermarket that's more expensive that petrol.....some buy plastic Ray Ban sunglasses at £100 that cost 17p to make and some people smoke and drink their money away. If drumming means so much to you then you will pay the going rate if not try something else..i'm not going for helicopter lessons either

Archived