Why are drum lessons so expensive??

Guest brownd95

Sweetheart may be OK for closet guy (But you'd have to ask).

You may call me "sir" or "your highness".

Cos she had high hopes,high hopes,high apple pie in the sky hopes..its a man thing... you wouldnt understand

It's not the most difficult instrument in the world to play. Difficult to master yes, but not to learn the actual playing of it. I wouldn't bother with lessons.

If you are adamant that you want to be 'taught', just look at some youtube vids.

It's not the most difficult instrument to get a noise out of, but to play properly, it takes years of practice like any other instrument. Plus lessons will also teach music theory.

It's not the most difficult instrument to get a noise out of, but to play properly, it takes years of practice like any other instrument. Plus lessons will also teach music theory.

I pretty much said the same in my post really. Minus the music theory.

It's not the most difficult instrument in the world to play. Difficult to master yes, but not to learn the actual playing of it. I wouldn't bother with lessons.

If you are adamant that you want to be 'taught', just look at some youtube vids.

I don't think he said he was a singer in a early 80's band.

Large bum and many others have it nailed. People will go out and spend daft money on 'cool' sunglasses or getting smashed out of their brains but won't spend on something that could actually help them out.

I wonder what a night on the booze would generally cost these day and if one night in would cover a lesson each week.

Hi,

Just wanted to express my frustration about the cost of wanting to learn the drums.

A phone call to 2 different drum tuition schools had pretty much the same result with relation to a 1 hr 1-2-1 lesson.

£25 p/h !!!!!!!!

No wonder kids are hanging around on streets getting drunk.

So does anyone know a tutor who charges less??

cheers

so can we take it that when you have had your lessons and are looking for a drumming job, when you get an offer for £50 per session you will say " nah! I will do it for £25."

Archived