City Centre Restaurant!

Hi people,

I am racking up the questions here!

I need a restaurant in the city centre for tonight. I have had a look at wig and pen and silversmiths - what do people think to these?

I was initially thinking med type food but couldnt think of anywhere - suggestions?

Thanks

I can't speak for Wig and Pen. It's name keeps popping up as somewhere good to go. All I can say is, I went with my wife one saturday evening and we didn't like the atmosphere in there at all. A lot of loud blokes boozing - not the kind of classy dining experience we were after. I'm happy to give it another go - maybe we just got it on a "loud" night, but I can't comment on the food there I'm afraid.

I can however comment on SilverSmiths. I've been twice and been disappointed, exasperated, both times. It's one of the most frustrating places I've ever, ever eaten at. Because they do serve some nice food - no qualms about that - but my God, I mean, what an enigma that place is. You can guarantee they will be sold out of something - even if you are dining early - as we did on one of the occasions. Now, I know that it is sometimes a sign that everything is brought in fresh, if they've sold out of something, but I'm talking bloody carrots here - not meat or fish. For FS there's a Tesco 100 yards away that sell them. But no...

On the other occasion we ordered a bottle of wine, it came to the table already opened and with some missing out of it! Yes, they changed it. But I mean - what are they? Asleep or something? There are other reports of people finding stuff in their meals that they shouldn't - one guy on tripadvisor mentions broken glass.

I would never go there again personally - I just know I'll end up losing my rag if I get crap service like that again - and the food isn't worth it.

Go to the new Bar & Grill in Leopold Square if you want classy, upmarket, nice food, central location. If you really want to push the boat out the Milano's is probably Sheffield's best imo - at least it was when we last tried it - about a year ago.

Archived