Help Needed with insurance claim

Hi, i had a car accident back in may 2010, where i took blame for it to cust a long story short, today i recieved courts papers, saying the claimant of that accident wants me to pay £1500 for a hire vechicle she had to pay for 24 days , :o what car did she have? besides the point i was fully insured and my insurance should have payed for all the costs surely, ive just turned 20 and now im crapping it because i dont have a clue what to do? or what ive done wrong? because i was fully insured :/ any help would be greatfull thanks.

Hi sorry to hear you had an accident, I had an accident last year too, the same thing happened to me. I rang my insurance and told them what happened and why i had such a big amount to pay, they said they would sort it out because i was fully insured.

Best advice i can give is to ring your insurance and tell them to sort it, you pay your insurance for a reason, if anything like this happens they should sort it

thanks for the quick response, i will ring em asap as im bricking it, and for £1500 ive just turned 20 i dont have that sort of money , and electro bits what was the final result what happened with you?

Don't worry about it your Insures will deal with it .It does sound as though the other party are trying it on .Failing that ask for a complete breakdown of what car was hired and where from, on which dates + copies of all invoices/ receipts.

Don't worry about it your Insures will deal with it .It does sound as though the other party are trying it on .Failing that ask for a complete breakdown of what car was hired and where from, on which dates + copies of all invoices/ receipts.
Dont do what Gobby says, just send it to your insurers, don't get involved, your insurers will deal. After all that is what you pay them for

Archived