Whats ecclesall road like these days?

The pubs are totally different from the 80s and 90s like most pubs anywhere. They no longer have small rooms and are just big empty characterless places selling alcohol.

The only pub I can think of on Ecclesall Road which isn't much changed is the Banner Cross.

Based on what I saw last night (Friday) it is full of people who are out to have a good time meeting friends etc. I felt comfortable being there whereas certain roads in Sheffield I might not.

The pubs are totally different from the 80s and 90s like most pubs anywhere. They no longer have small rooms and are just big empty characterless places selling alcohol.

The only pub I can think of on Ecclesall Road which isn't much changed is the Banner Cross.

Based on what I saw last night (Friday) it is full of people who are out to have a good time meeting friends etc. I felt comfortable being there whereas certain roads in Sheffield I might not.

hmmmmm i wasnt planning on going as far as banner cross tbh :P

yeah Gordon, all i want is a decentish, friendlyish place where i can meet a couple of people on a friday lunchtime and sit outside for an hour and talk, not too far down tho heh

cant think of any pubs in the centre where you can SIT outside, so thought about eccy road.

the only other offer was fulwood and id take 3 weeks to find and get there as i dont really know that area at all..........well i dont know eccy road that well but..........

The new Wetherspoons is a possibility. On the site of the old Wards brewery you can sit outside and breathe in car fumes. Been once and it's nicer than the usual 'spoons places.

The Porter Brook is also quite pleasant, decent beers, food.

Archived