Sheffield's Fiesta nightclub

erino

Fond memories of the Fiesta.

Billy Paul singled me out to sing 'Me and Mrs Jones' to - well loud when he's sitting on your table belting it out into the microphone.

Another time I was talking to a friend, turned round and tripped up Freddie (of Freddie and the Dreamers).

My claim to fame!

I worked the fiesta,golden dragon and aquarius in the 70s as resident drummer and sub for Terry at the fiesta.What a shame all of it has disappeared,I think the Aquarius is a carper store now...I last visited home about 3 years ago and what a change..whatever happened to Attercliffe ?

I saw Tony Christie at the Fiesta. I went with my wife Sylvia.

We had a decent seat to the right of the stage. We were just settling in for the night when another couple walked up and said," You've got our seats!" We looked at our tickets and said, " No these are definitely the seats we booked!"

We called the manager and after a quick discussion he realised that there had been a double booking.

He asked if we would accept alternative seats and when he showed us where they were, we were only too willing to accept.

The seats were immediately under the stage at middle front.

The double booking did us a favour and we never enjoyed a night so much.

I also remember seeing Cilla Black at the Fiesta.

Happy Days!

Archived