What is replacing EMA?

Yup, get a part time job. Sheesh, imagine that, having to work.

You try getting a part time job for my 17 year old son, and he would be very happy, he has applied for loads, but guess what? Nothing :(, because he is 17 and has no experience, nobody is interested.

• 1 month later...
can anyone tell me how to apply for 16 to 19 bursaries, untill my daughter gets a part time job, thankyou

Your daughter will need to apply directly to the College/Sixth Form she is attending. Student Services will be able to help her on applying. She is guaranteed £1200 if she is classed as a vulnerable learner meaning she falls in to the following categories;young people in care, care leavers, young people receiving income support, and disabled young people receiving both

Employment Support Allowance and Disability Living Allowance.

If she doesn't meet the criteria above I doubt very much she will get any kind of money from the bursary fund. Colleges have been allocated very little therefore there won't be money left in the pot once the vulnerable learners have been paid.

You try getting a part time job for my 17 year old son, and he would be very happy, he has applied for loads, but guess what? Nothing :(, because he is 17 and has no experience, nobody is interested.

All the Sat and Sun jobs that 17 year olds used to do have now been taken up by Eastern Europeans who get government incentives and send their earnings home making England poorer.

It is time to break the chain.:(

I went to Boston, it is full of foreign potato pickers.:roll:

I should hope they get a job.

I'm not kidding, I pay my taxes to listen to people moaning.

The students go to college, they swear, daub graffiti on the walls and listen to loud music - rapping music and mick jagger, when I was there age I was at work and if I did something wrong, the foreman would take me out of the workshop and into his office. I can assure you that when I left the office my backside was very sore.

We didn't expect EMA, we expected hard labour and the foreman certainly made it very hard for all the apprentices back in the day

Archived