La Dolce Vita Crosspool

We went with our kids this Sat at teatime just after it opened (at 5 pm) and were lucky to get a table as its only small and they were pretty solidly booked.

Family run place and - put simply - the best pizza I have ever eaten outside Italy. Perfectly cooked and very fresh dough & quality toppings.

My Wife had baked pancake with mushrooms which was also excellent - light and delicious.

The table next to us went for pasta dishes and they were very praiseworthy of those too.

They also do other Italian starters and mains (which I will be testing next time) but a nice concise menu.

Puddings looked yummy but as we were with the kids (and they were being pains) we decided to cut and run.

Superb friendly atmosphere. Cant wait to get back and try some other things.

3 things..

1 - Its BYO

2 - Make sure you book on a week-end , other people arrived on spec after us and they had to turn them away

3 - Be careful of your tongue on the pizzas - the pizza oven must be volcanic (and rightly so) but that means the pizzas are red hot when they come out..

We went with our kids this Sat at teatime just after it opened (at 5 pm) and were lucky to get a table as its only small and they were pretty solidly booked.

Family run place and - put simply - the best pizza I have ever eaten outside Italy. Perfectly cooked and very fresh dough & quality toppings.

My Wife had baked pancake with mushrooms which was also excellent - light and delicious.

The table next to us went for pasta dishes and they were very praiseworthy of those too.

They also do other Italian starters and mains (which I will be testing next time) but a nice concise menu.

Puddings looked yummy but as we were with the kids (and they were being pains) we decided to cut and run.

Superb friendly atmosphere. Cant wait to get back and try some other things.

3 things..

1 - Its BYO

2 - Make sure you book on a week-end , other people arrived on spec after us and they had to turn them away

3 - Be careful of your tongue on the pizzas - the pizza oven must be volcanic (and rightly so) but that means the pizzas are red hot when they come out..

Do they sell any drinks at all? Alcoholic or soft drinks? Thinking of trying here due to the good reviews :)

Thanks for your quick response - do you know if you can take bottled beer/lager or just wine?

You're welcome.

The table next to us had wine and beer.

I am assuming no corkage charge since they dont actually sell alcohol.

we were charged corkage for both wine and beer

I find it a little odd that you would start the thread asking for thoughts on the place and then not post a review when you must have been to know they charged corkage?

Archived