National Childhood Obesity Week - ban the under 5s from McDonalds?

Fat protein and carbohydrates-pretty nutritionally devoid if you ask me

Ermm, what would you eat if not the three main constituents of food? That's the basis of everything you eat, fat, protein and carbs.

Ermm, what would you eat if not the three main constituents of food? That's the basis of everything you eat, fat, protein and carbs.

there are good carbs/proteins/fat and there are bad but we also need vitamins and minerals. You won't get many nutritionists accepting that macdonalds is a nutritious meal!

I remember when I was younger I was only allowed a McDonalds for a treat - which usually consisted of birthday parties and when we had been on really long drives and needed to stop on a motorway. I'd be surprised if I had more than 2 a year.

To me, its common sense that kids shouldn't eat this all the time. But with all the TV promo about healthy living, leaflets, magazine articles, and even McDonalds themselves trying to push the healthly living lifestyle, if the parents haven't learnt now, they probably never will.

there are good carbs/proteins/fat and there are bad but we also need vitamins and minerals. You won't get many nutritionists accepting that macdonalds is a nutritious meal!

Carrot sticks and a Robinsons fruit shoot, I think you might be taking your dislike of McD's a little too far if you're going to argue that that's not an acceptable part of a diet.

I'm not saying that people should take their kids there for a treat, or that anyone should eat there regularly. It's just not as bad as the OP (and you) are making out.

I'd be interested to hear about bad protein btw. Bad fats, definitely, bad carbs, well, you could argue that highly processed, high GI carbs are bad, but bad protein???

Carrot sticks and a Robinsons fruit shoot, I think you might be taking your dislike of McD's a little too far if you're going to argue that that's not an acceptable part of a diet.

I'm not saying that people should take their kids there for a treat, or that anyone should eat there regularly. It's just not as bad as the OP (and you) are making out.

I'd be interested to hear about bad protein btw. Bad fats, definitely, bad carbs, well, you could argue that highly processed, high GI carbs are bad, but bad protein???

Learn to read:hihi: I said people going to maccy ds are not going because of the vegetable carrot sticks! If you think maccy ds is balanced nutritionally then you have a screw loose. Even their salads are full of sugar (although again if you actually wanted a salad you would go somewhere else!)

Watch "supersize me" he definitely looked great after his mcdiet

Its not just maccys if that is your problem, its burger king etc

I am not of the opinion that it should be banned for anyone but I also think they should have been sued by now for their blatent targeting of children when they sell such an unhealthy product.

I think you've missed the point entirely.

McD's can be healthy, it can be unhealthy, that's down to what a parent buys for their child. If they buy them a supersize adult meal with chocolate shake and Big Mac then it's clearly not healthy.

However since they provide healthy options, you can't argue that it's there fault that

"people going to maccy ds are not going because of the vegetable carrot sticks"

is it?

They sell both healthy and unhealthy products, it's up to the customers which they buy.

Alternatively, give the under 5s some "obesity lessons" from an obesity champion.

On completion of the course, the kids get a qualification and an apple.

Clearly, new born babys should not attend the courses, however any childrens who are aged 9 months old and upward should attend.

They will then be able to make an informed choice

Archived