Is Tunisia dodgy?

We have been a few years ago hated it ,as someone said we ventured out of the complex one night and couldnt wait to get back very uneasy.Beggers everywhere ,then to top it all my husband came down with a tummy bug.

Dont go you will regret it.

All poor countries will have scrubbers who target tourists... Just watch your back, or go in as large a group as possible! I remember when Prague was like this! £12 for a box of washing powder, and gypsies following you everywhere... Just watch your back, or go to Tenerife, where the weather is similar in the intensity of the heat and you don't have to worry so much about where you go or how you get there...

Oh my days....

Right, the holiday I was going to book is 2012, so the unrest should have calmed a bit..... i'm more worried about the letchy blokes sniffing around me and my daughter. Or getting robbed or mugged!!!!

The complex is All Inc. with security on the gates - which is a worry in itself! But then again, i'd rather they were there than not there... if you get what I mean!

Yay, guess where my Mrs booked our honeymoon to in 2 weeks...

All inclusive, guess we won't be leaving the hotel then.

Just watch your back and you'll be fine:) There aren't too many places you can wander around without a care in the world without the risk of being mugged... Even in Sheffield you could be attacked by a pov who wants what you've got... Enjoy yourself :)

as already said go to tenerife its a similar climate and you can happily wander around and feel more relaxed ect,if you have a teenage daughter be very carefull with the local teenage lads, and dont display jewellery cameras ect.

we stayed at the royal kenz which after 9pm was dead as most went to there rooms to watch tv as there was no evening entertainment apart from the occasional bingo nights.

I worked in Tunisia on and off from 98 - 02. It's a decent country and the people are mostly friendly and pleasant, although you can get the Arabic hard-sell in the more touristic parts. The food is very tasty and the home grown wine can be surprisingly good.

I'd recommend people to go there and it's more secular and tolerant than other Muslim countries. The north is surprisingly green and there's lots to see and do with many Roman remains. Tourists are treated well as the Tunisians realise that tourism is their main source of income.

It's probably a good time to go as a lot of people will have been put off going by their recent political upheaval.

I hear that young women can get hassled a lot by the somewhat sex-starved young Tunisian men, but the flip side of that is the sex tourism on the island of Djerba where late middle aged women go to find an Arabic toy-boy for the duration of their holiday.

Oh my days....

Right, the holiday I was going to book is 2012, so the unrest should have calmed a bit..... i'm more worried about the letchy blokes sniffing around me and my daughter. Or getting robbed or mugged!!!!

The complex is All Inc. with security on the gates - which is a worry in itself! But then again, i'd rather they were there than not there... if you get what I mean!

I wouldn't worry about getting robbed or mugged. It's not like that and I never heard of or experienced any street crime in my time there. Letchy blokes are more of an issue, as in most Muslim countries, just because their culture denies them access to the opposite sex and most western women are a lot freer regarding sex.

Where exactly are you planning on going?

Archived