Is Tunisia dodgy?

I wouldn't worry about getting robbed or mugged. It's not like that and I never heard of or experienced any street crime in my time there. Letchy blokes are more of an issue, as in most Muslim countries, just because their culture denies them access to the opposite sex and most western women are a lot freer regarding sex.

Where exactly are you planning on going?

Hammamet, north I think

Hi all,

Thinking of booking my jollies to Tunisia!! Has anyone been before? I've heard it can be unsafe but none of the online reviews mention this...

I would love to hear any Forummer's experiences!!

Many thanks

Ali

Went out in January and loved it-no problems mixing with locals.Some tourists invite attention by their gormy demeanour confusing Tunisia with Torquay;keep low-key speak French and wear scruffy clothes-most locals will detsest the muggers as Tunisia is reliant on a good image.

Hammamet is nice, just make sure you get a decent hotel, so read the reviews on Trip Advisor. Winston Churchill holidayed there.

Well, I never knew that! What do you reckon the weather will be like in early July??

I wouldn't worry about getting robbed or mugged. It's not like that and I never heard of or experienced any street crime in my time there. Letchy blokes are more of an issue, as in most Muslim countries, just because their culture denies them access to the opposite sex and most western women are a lot freer regarding sex.

Where exactly are you planning on going?

Definitely, I had 3 marriage proposals in one week from 17 year old waiters :hihi:

Well, I never knew that! What do you reckon the weather will be like in early July??

Very HOT! I went in May last year and it hit the 30s. Just keep your wits about with the lechy blokes ;) and have some fun! I'll definitely go back next year.

Hi all,

Thinking of booking my jollies to Tunisia!! Has anyone been before? I've heard it can be unsafe but none of the online reviews mention this...

I would love to hear any Forummer's experiences!!

Many thanks

Ali

Hi, my 16 year old son and myself have just come back from a week of unadulterated 5star luxury in port el kantaoui. It's the second time we have been, although different hotels, and I wouldn't hesitate in going back.

My son chose the destination, second choice really as he wanted to go back to mount Sinai but we couldn't get the dates we wanted. It was part of his 16th birthday present.

It was 36degrees and absolutely fantastic.

There ARE 'bars and clubs' just not in your face neon lit ones, and the tunisians themselves are lovely people., if you respect their culture, accept that were all different and be polite, they can't do enough for you and you will make friends for life.

Yes, the shopkeepers and stall holders beckon you over and keep you talking but hey, your on holiday, it's not as if you have appointments to keep!!

Full marks for Tunisia from me

Archived