Is Tunisia dodgy?

Tunisia is a nice place. When I went we did a tour around the desert which was really good. It didn't seem unsafe when we were walking around. As with anywhere you need to take precautions.

The police look after tourists and are under instructions not to give them a hard time. Me and two work colleagues got stopped whilst driving totally blotto after many bottles of wine down a one way street in the centre of Hammamet ( I hasten to point out I wasn't the driver). Because we weren't Tunisian the police assumed we were tourists.

The cops pulled up on big motorbikes, one on each side of us and we though "oh **** we're doomed". Instead of a trip to the police cells, the very friendly police kindly pointed out that we were driving the wrong way down the street and gave us directions back to where we were staying :)

I have been with my family for the last three years its fantastic

Stayed in Hammamet, Souse and monastir in all inclusive deals, the accomodation and food was great, in fact last time we went we hired a car for two days and drove around the country, didnt get any bother, I would defo recomend it but try to go all inclusive.

I have been with my family for the last three years its fantastic

Stayed in Hammamet, Souse and monastir in all inclusive deals, the accomodation and food was great, in fact last time we went we hired a car for two days and drove around the country, didnt get any bother, I would defo recomend it but try to go all inclusive.

Its an All Inclusive deal to Hammamet. Could I ask you, were there any females in your group? And did they get any hassle?

Its an All Inclusive deal to Hammamet. Could I ask you, were there any females in your group? And did they get any hassle?

You'll enjoy it Ali, but it's for certain you'll get hassle - even more so if you have blonde hair. But don't let it put you off, it wouldn't stop me from going back at all.

I stayed in Sousse all inclusive. The hotel was gorgeous - right on the beach!

You'll enjoy it Ali, but it's for certain you'll get hassle - even more so if you have blonde hair. But don't let it put you off, it wouldn't stop me from going back at all.

I stayed in Sousse all inclusive. The hotel was gorgeous - right on the beach!

<REMOVED>. Me and daughter both blondes:(

<REMOVED>. Me and daughter both blondes:(

Don't worry about the male attention, really.

A polite but firm 'no thank you' is all that's needed.

Me and my son have travelled all over the world, you get male attention in most muslem countries, it's the culture......Dubai and isreal being by far worse for it than anywhere else we've been,, but honestly a polite firm no thank you, said with a friendly smile always works.

Go,, be open minded.. Its not spain, enjoy.

Don't worry about the male attention, really.

A polite but firm 'no thank you' is all that's needed.

Me and my son have travelled all over the world, you get male attention in most muslem countries, it's the culture......Dubai and isreal being by far worse for it than anywhere else we've been,, but honestly a polite firm no thank you, said with a friendly smile always works.

Go,, be open minded.. Its not spain, enjoy.

yeah, think i'll book it. Besides, there's probably letchy blokes at most overseas resorts... right?

yeah, think i'll book it. Besides, there's probably letchy blokes at most overseas resorts... right?

You're right - think of them as red coats at Butlins but in a more exotic place :hihi: :hihi: :hihi:

Me and my mate went to the souk & they were a pain trying to get us to go in their shops to buy something. In the end my mate was so fed up she turned round to one of them and tried to sell him her £1.99 sunglasses for 100 dinar! His face was a picture! :hihi: They left us alone after that!

I think the thing to remember as a woman in muslim countries is not to go walk-abouts in skimpy clothes showing cleavage unless you really do want to be leered at. Save the bikinis for the hotel.

Im sure you'll enjoy it and have a laugh!

This is a very informative forum all about Tunisia http://forum.tunisia.com/ you'll find out all you need to know on here

Archived