Freedom pub, walkley

Two smallish rooms, the one on the right with a pool table, the one on the left a quieter lounge area.

Fairly typical Walkley local's boozer mixed with a few students. Normally a couple of cask ales on.

Last few times I've been it was on a Saturday afternoon and it was pretty empty although it used to get busier in the evening.

Last time I was in it was about 9.30 on a Sat night and there were only about 7 other people in the pub. So I'm always pleased to see it hasn't closed down yet. I quite like the little lounge on the left side and the cask ale is always fine. It's also handy for a swift one while you wait for a takeaway.

A sensitive refurb would be good. Nothing over the top, just a coat of paint and declutter the ornaments. A bit more effort on the beer front maybe, but to be honest, there's not much wrong with the place as it is.

Are you taking it over?

+1 for the sensitive refurb. Needs modernising and brightening up (as long as they don't get rid of the copper/brass topped tables tho).

It would also help if they switched some more lights on more often!

Archived