Freedom pub, walkley

Personally i think you'd do better thinking about giving it spruce up (nothing too major) & getting a good selection of beers on. The only pub which seems to have done well in recent years in Walkley is the revamped Blake which seems to have attracted both locals & all those graduate types who've settled in Walkley.

We're neighbours with the Freedom pub, and as far as we know, the current landlord and his team are over moving to the Walkley Cottage, which is only two mins away from the current place.

I hope there is a new occupant soon - as empty premise is no good for anyone, not least for trade on South Road.

the landlady has already moved over, landlord to follow methinks. Ghostrider sounds like he/she is ITK?

the landlady has already moved over, landlord to follow methinks. Ghostrider sounds like he/she is ITK?

From what I heard last night, it sounds like its now going to be leased instead of managed...that blows my plans out of the water :(

Not suggesting you're anything less than brilliant, however, if the current landlord/landlady couldn't make it work as it is, it will take some massive changes for anyone else to make it work.

Good luck though, it was once a great and thriving little pub, hope you can make it one again.

Archived