Just had a phone call saying my windows on comp has a bad virus, CON??

A mate of mine had similar phonecalls from 'Microsoft' :roll:

He has the gift of the gab and wasted a good amount of their time before they gave up on him :D

I did the same, Minutes later I got a phone call saying they were coming for me. I had a good laugh and told them they could not find england on the map. But There are many stupid scams going on . Many from Nigeria and places similar. People will never listen just as the stupid woman that lost thousands of pounds in lottery scams said to be from The Spanish Lottery and even The Microsoft Lottery. Is this just greed or are these people just stupid.

Yet another mate told me tonight his partner had a phone call from 'Microsoft' telling her she had a malware/virus infection on her machine - she asked them for a number to call them back on and came to the conclusion that it may have been China (but wasn't too sure!)

Seems like these sort of calls are on the increase.

I just try and keep them on the phone for as long as possible by being the most computer illiterate person I can be. They persevered even when I sounded confused about a windows operating system and told them I could see my dog through the window in the garden. They're going to get back to me when they've ascertained whether I'm running Windows 96 or 97 because they said I should be running something newer than Windows 95. I'll be interested to see if they bother to ring back but if I'm not busy I'm going to try and keep them on the line even longer next time.

i love it when they call....i just ask them questions and act really stupid

then i tell them where and who i work for (russian anti virus company) and tell them loads about our product and get technical...then they hang up

good tip is to ask them what the weathers like there and how much they get paid..

Ask about family, they get bored and hang up

Archived