Just had a phone call saying my windows on comp has a bad virus, CON??

Atv least they are 'proper'people ringing. I am heartily sick of picking the phone up to the recorded 'Don't hang up, this is an important message..... 'type of call. You can tell them to eff off till the cows come home and they still rabbit on!

I've still not had these idiots ring me.What ISP and phone provider are people with that have had these calls?

Me too - got to admit tho i never pick up calls that dont have a sheffield number to them, if it is really important they can leave a message. :)

People I have heard about on BT, Talk Talk, Sky, Virgin and me earlier on PlusNet so it seems as it is every provider(almost)

One of my neighbours had it a short while ago I had already warned her about then and asked them to ring back after 8 when her son would be able to help (as I told her to say)

Guess who her 'son' is :twisted::twisted::evil: I think I'll get her to go to Bingo so I don't upset her by lying (She thinks I'm an Angel if only she knew) LOL:roll:

I just try and keep them on the phone for as long as possible by being the most computer illiterate person I can be. They persevered even when I sounded confused about a windows operating system and told them I could see my dog through the window in the garden. They're going to get back to me when they've ascertained whether I'm running Windows 96 or 97 because they said I should be running something newer than Windows 95. I'll be interested to see if they bother to ring back but if I'm not busy I'm going to try and keep them on the line even longer next time.

That really made me laugh!:hihi:

• 2 weeks later...

Somebody from the same company's been phoning my 76 yr old mum. She doesnt even have a computer. They called the other day when me and three other family members were there. We all took turns at trying to do as they requested, which was of course impossible, they eventually hung up, was a bit of fun and it wasted a bit of their time...I find this is the best tactic to defeat the spammers. I've been trying for a while to get everybody to always answer the emails with a made up bank account, go along with the accident claim company etc. I always give the latter an elaborate story about the supposed "accident" they wish to help me with.

The latest was that I was driving along Penistone Rd behind a Circus lorry. A zebra fell out of the back causing damage to my car and whip lash injuries to my three passengers, two ostriches and a gibon. Alright, alright. It amuses me for ten minutes.

Oh and then there the "accident" when my camel bucked at some traffic lights and I damaged my bionic leg...

• 2 months later...

I get these calls every week. How on earth do they get my name & number. When I asked the guy last week what his name was he said 'Wayne Rooney' with a very broad Indian accent. How on earth could I take him seriously after that. I Just put the phone down to another of these calls today, they guy said he was a windows technician ( i should have asked him what sort of glazing he supplied) . He then went onto say that I had downloaded a virus onto my pc.

I tried really hard to understand what he was saying to me but I'm afraid it all sounded like nonsense, so I told him I didnt have a pc he then confirmed my name & address before putting the phone down.

If it's a scam what are they after?

Archived