What do you think is an acceptable reason to have an abortion?

Does a pregnant female need a reason - i'ts not a sexist dig.

Surely the simple fact they don't want a child should be a sufficient reason.

If they don't want a kid, they shouldn't get up the duff in the flippin' first place! Abortion is murder IMO.

I'm not ready.

I can't support it financially.

I want to live my life first.

Are any of these good enough reasons to kill your unborn child?

It's not an unborn child, it's a foetus, any reason is good enough.

I don't agree with that. Not wanting a child is sufficient reason to use contraceptives. If you're not going to even bother trying to prevent a pregnancy I don't believe you have much of an excuse.

In most cases, the fact they don't want a child is reason to use contraceptive and avoid pregnancy to begin with. It should almost never be a reason to abort.

I don't agree with that. Not wanting a child is sufficient reason to use contraceptives. If you're not going to even bother trying to prevent a pregnancy I don't believe you have much of an excuse.

So i imagine everyone is now going to stop taking drugs,drinking alcohol or speeding. If you don't want the consequences don't do it is a childish concept.

It takes large cohones to stand up and say i don't want this pregnancy to go any further.

Did it need to happen no - and i'm very anti abortion.

But your question was "an acceptable reason" i think all the ones you listed mean the same thing the woman doesn't want it. The ones you listed are some of many in an attempt to justify her decision to the rest of the world.

So all women should be forced to carry full term?

The abortion law was set at a specific number of weeks, precisely because - at that time - any foetus born earlier than that had zero chance of survival.

It's no longer true. Babies can be born as early as 24 weeks and sometimes survive. Possibly even earlier - I don't, offhand, know what the record is.

Contraception is no guarantee against pregnancy.

Yes, but at least you would have TRIED. Then, if you got pregnant you would have a good excuse. To not bother using anything leaves you without much in your corner.

Archived