What do you think is an acceptable reason to have an abortion?

I'm not ready.

I can't support it financially.

I want to live my life first.

Are any of these good enough reasons to kill your unborn child? If these reasons were that solid shouldn't they have been a factor in preventing the pregnancy in the first place?

I know accidents can happen even when using contraceptives, but I'm thinking more along the lines of people who didn't even bother with the precautions.

Why don't people listen when you give them good advice? :roll:

An absolute unwillingness to raise a child is the best excuse to abort - for whatever reason, if that child's life will be made a misery due to having a mother who does not want, love or take care of it, then abortion is the best option...

In most cases, the fact they don't want a child is reason to use contraceptive and avoid pregnancy to begin with. It should almost never be a reason to abort.

No contraception offers 100% protection... This is without going into the whole realm of women who have been raped and become pregnant... Then it's a public service to destroy the foetus of a mad man...

The abortion law was set at a specific number of weeks, precisely because - at that time - any foetus born earlier than that had zero chance of survival.

It's no longer true. Babies can be born as early as 24 weeks and sometimes survive. Possibly even earlier - I don't, offhand, know what the record is.

The chances of survival in today's technological age has indeed increased. I think it (the cut off period for abortions - unless continuation of the pregnancy could injure the woman - should be based on the chances of survival without medical intervention.

An absolute unwillingness to raise a child is the best excuse to abort - for whatever reason, if that child's life will be made a misery due to having a mother who does not want, love or take care of it, then abortion is the best option...

I can understand this and have taken it into consideration already, I'm just frustrated that this could have been prevented if only people would listen. I don't want someone I care about to have to make a decision they could well regret in the future. :sad:

Don't cut my post in half then post something completely tangential to the bit you've used

I've quoted my full post for others to see how unrelated your comment is

Though the question remains.

Like I said about an hour ago, if you don't want a kid, don't get pregnant, simple! Abortion is murder IMO.

I can understand this and have taken it into consideration already, I'm just frustrated that this could have been prevented if only people would listen. I don't want someone I care about to have to make a decision they could well regret in the future. :sad:

If they ignored your advice they've already taken the decision that should be regretted.

I think any reason is a good enough reason for abortion. Even used as a contraceptive. I don't think anyone can say what's right for another and everyone should have the right to a judgement free abortion.

Like I said about an hour ago, if you don't want a kid, don't get pregnant, simple! Abortion is murder IMO.

Murder is normally associated with the killing of another human though, and the removal of a group of cells which may (or may not - 20% quite naturally will miscarry) become a human in the future isn't actually the same... Only if you are devout RC, and then short of rape you will not be looking to abort anyways, as the child will be being born into a committed marriage...

Archived