Did anyone go to Music in the Gardens this year?

Hi everyone

I just wondered if anyone managed to get to music in the gardens this year? Was it just me or did it seem waaaaay bigger than last year. More people than ever, it was packed!

Paul Carrack and the orchestra on saturday were awesome! One of the best gigs i have been to in sheffield in ages.

I didnt get go to see courtney pine because it was sold out, did anyone get to go, was it any good?

courtney pine, you could have had my ticket and about 300 others who were walking out around 9.15 never heard a racket like it sold as jazz and salsa night no salsa, last yr every one up dancing this yr running for the exits even the girl outside from cubana pulling a face at this so called entertaiment

oh dear, thats a shame... still paul carrack was fantastic! You missed out going on the friday and not the thursday.

Everyone was up and dancing, and everyone was singinn on the saturday... I would recommend the classical night any time... its consistantly awesome.

Guest sibon
courtney pine, you could have had my ticket and about 300 others who were walking out around 9.15 never heard a racket like it sold as jazz and salsa night no salsa, last yr every one up dancing this yr running for the exits even the girl outside from cubana pulling a face at this so called entertaiment

I saw him years ago, in the Crucible. The same thing happened there.

He ended up stopping the show and asked someone why they were leaving. The bloke replied "because you are flipping rubbish mate". (Or words to that effect:wink:). He didn't play for very much longer.

Yes we have been every year since it started and always had a fantastic time,last year we did Big Band & Cubanna night both excellent,this year we chose friday to see the salsa band again and Courtney Pine BIG MISTAKE we laft around 9.15 couldn't stand it any longer.

Let Adriano plan next years latino night again please if there is one that is

I went to the proms night on Saturday.

Proms lasted less than 30 minutes from start to finish,

The other music was good but we went for the proms which was sadly lacking.

There was quite a bit of commertray which split the evening up so it didnt flow very well!

Archived