Is disabled a new name for fat

went in sheffield town centre and had to duck and weave round mobility scooters coming at me.mobility scooters are really good and must give a new lease of life to the old and disabled.my problem is you see so many being ridden by really fat people who will only get fatter as they are doing less excercise.with society getting fatter what is it going to be like in 20 years.i really do think something needs doing or the pavements will be over run with them.again i have no problems with ill old or disabled but not just cos your fat.whats the rest of you think.am i wrong

went in sheffield town centre and had to duck and weave round mobility scooters coming at me.mobility scooters are really good and must give a new lease of life to the old and disabled.my problem is you see so many being ridden by really fat people who will only get fatter as they are doing less excercise.with society getting fatter what is it going to be like in 20 years.i really do think something needs doing or the pavements will be over run with them.again i have no problems with ill old or disabled but not just cos your fat.whats the rest of you think.am i wrong

There not fat, just big boned :hihi:

Losing their mobility is often a factor in weight gain amongst the disabled... I see you haven't quite thought your thread through :) Never mind! It's easy to misunderstand mobility problems if you have never suffered yourself or known someone who has...

A lot of disabled people put on weight precisely because they are disabled and cannot exercise. They use the scooters for the same reason.

There are, no doubt, some people who use scooters just because they're lazy.

Like Madge in Benidorm :) :)

Not all disabled people are fat, I'm only about 14 stone :D

Seriously, as someone else said, because we're disabled it's hard for us to exercise, I have all the fitness games for Kinect on Xbox 360 and have struggled to play any of them lately, partly due to time as I'm often busy but also motivation.

Not all disabled people are fat, I'm only about 14 stone :D

Seriously, as someone else said, because we're disabled it's hard for us to exercise, I have all the fitness games for Kinect on Xbox 360 and have struggled to play any of them lately, partly due to time as I'm often busy but also motivation.

Bin the toys and go to a gym. :thumbsup:

Archived