Is disabled a new name for fat

All wheelchairs should have their motors removed and replaced with foot pedals. In that way they'll get plenty of exercise and keep their weight down. Har ! har ! har!

OK, have a joke, but do you really feel that people who can't get about any other way should be laughed at in this way?

I mean really?

Would you like someone to find whatever it is that you struggle the most with and mercilessly laugh at it for a joke?

How about recognising that those who actually do have a disability are no more able to change that than we can change the colour of our skin or our gender instead?

This isn't really in jest. If you were posting in that way in a topic about race then you'd find your posts reported by multiple forum users and your account suspended, so please bear this in mind before you post again.

went in sheffield town centre and had to duck and weave round mobility scooters coming at me.mobility scooters are really good and must give a new lease of life to the old and disabled.my problem is you see so many being ridden by really fat people who will only get fatter as they are doing less excercise.with society getting fatter what is it going to be like in 20 years.i really do think something needs doing or the pavements will be over run with them.again i have no problems with ill old or disabled but not just cos your fat.whats the rest of you think.am i wrong

Let's hope none of them read this, or there might be a few more coming at you.:hihi: At least it's good exercise, jparr.:D

OK, have a joke, but do you really feel that people who can't get about any other way should be laughed at in this way?

I mean really?

Would you like someone to find whatever it is that you struggle the most with and mercilessly laugh at it for a joke?

How about recognising that those who actually do have a disability are no more able to change that than we can change the colour of our skin or our gender instead?

This isn't really in jest. If you were posting in that way in a topic about race then you'd find your posts reported by multiple forum users and your account suspended, so please bear this in mind before you post again.

And, finally. Although it is technically, more about the disabled, than the fat, or is it.:huh: Anyway, long time coming, and very good call.:)

I mean really?

Too bad you dont apply the same standard of conduct to the many others who have made jokes about overweight people on airplanes and allowed the poster to go on. This thread seems to have been started by someone who finds having to duck around people in wheelchairs as being a nuisance.

By all means maintain your standards but apply it to all

Too bad you dont apply the same standard of conduct to the many others who have made jokes about overweight people on airplanes and allowed the poster to go on. This thread seems to have been started by someone who finds having to duck around people in wheelchairs as being a nuisance.

By all means maintain your standards but apply it to all

I only replied directly to your post because the earlier comments which have been removed for this reason have already had action taken against them.

The warning is a general one.

All wheelchairs should have their motors removed and replaced with foot pedals. In that way they'll get plenty of exercise and keep their weight down. Har ! har ! har!

Would that include veterans who've put on a bit of puppy?

Archived