Is disabled a new name for fat

Is there some reason they shouldn't?

Yes. If they have mobility scooters they should never leave them...ever. They should also entertain the notion that entertainment should be forbidden to the disabled. How anyone is able to get in our out of a wheelchair and class themselves as disabled is a disgrace to those in a vegetative state. So, those of a vegetative disposition should be re-classed, or labelled, 'The genuinely disabled'.

Surprised no one has coined the term "Bog standard cripple" yet.:roll:

A lot of disabled people put on weight precisely because they are disabled and cannot exercise. They use the scooters for the same reason.

There are, no doubt, some people who use scooters just because they're lazy.

But if you are doing less exercise you could simply cut down on calories slightly?

I have an old guy a few doors away from me with a wheelchair. He doesn't use it all the time. When he feels fit enough he walks all he can. He isn't overweight. He is just happy.

Funniest thing i ever saw was a bloke on one of these at Meadowhead roundabout.

The battery died half way across the crossing, he jumped off and pushed it the rest of the way.

Fair do's, he was fat but he was fitter and stronger than me, going on how he managed it.

Funniest thing i ever saw was a bloke on one of these at Meadowhead roundabout.

The battery died half way across the crossing, he jumped off and pushed it the rest of the way.

Fair do's, he was fat but he was fitter and stronger than me, going on how he managed it.

I was delivering, didn't you notice the trade plates?

went in sheffield town centre and had to duck and weave round mobility scooters coming at me.mobility scooters are really good and must give a new lease of life to the old and disabled.my problem is you see so many being ridden by really fat people who will only get fatter as they are doing less excercise.with society getting fatter what is it going to be like in 20 years.i really do think something needs doing or the pavements will be over run with them.again i have no problems with ill old or disabled but not just cos your fat.whats the rest of you think.am i wrong

You think it;s easy for a disabled person to exercise and keep weight off? It's hard enough for those who aren't disabled to keep it off.

Sounds to me like you are attacking large people, which is no different from coming on here and doing the same about a persons skin colour.

OK, have a joke, but do you really feel that people who can't get about any other way should be laughed at in this way?

I mean really?

Would you like someone to find whatever it is that you struggle the most with and mercilessly laugh at it for a joke?

How about recognising that those who actually do have a disability are no more able to change that than we can change the colour of our skin or our gender instead?

This isn't really in jest. If you were posting in that way in a topic about race then you'd find your posts reported by multiple forum users and your account suspended, so please bear this in mind before you post again.

Never a truer word spoken!

You think it;s easy for a disabled person to exercise and keep weight off? It's hard enough for those who aren't disabled to keep it off.

Sounds to me like you are attacking large people, which is no different from coming on here and doing the same about a persons skin colour.

There was a Congolese guy in yesterdays sun who was claiming disability and teaching martial arts,he seemed to keep his weight off.

Archived